36: Sleepless

sup readers? back and doing better for the summer <3

---

morning came as hana found herself on a very comfy but unfamiliar bed. she was in jay's room. it was cool, very cool and interesting for hana. she rubbed her eyes even though still half asleep. she woke up in different clothes, the shirt she had once stolen from jay, a gray shirt with his name written on the back with her own black shorts underneath. 

"what the fuckkk" she swore first thing in the morning, touching the shirt as she smelled it for not-weird reasons. the scent was familiar. 

"did he just-" hana's mouth hung open, korea's skies were bright blue with the sun shining brightly.  

"yes, yes he just changed his own wife who was half asleep by the time she hit the bed" a raspy voice came from beside her where she didn't even notice jay sitting. "morning, now out my bedroom please" he smiled widely, walking to her. 

"pervert" she passed a comment, grabbing her glasses which she spotted on the bed stand. "husband." smirking he pushed her out the bedroom. "arranged!" she aggressively said from out. 

hana stood outside his door, deep in thought. she didn't fail to notice the slightly dark patches under jay's eyes. she reminisced him saying he wouldn't be home last night. she was a bit concerned at most honesty. 

"i'll make breakfast" she said through the door as she went downstairs while wiping her glasses. "i wonder where or if he really wasn't home... who the fuck was that guy? i can't believe i cried. wait i kinda do, i cried when i messed up in the coffee shop. did jay do something to his so called cousin? making breakfast is so kind of me. it's the least i could do considering he almost would've been put into jail because he almost killed that guy." 

"who're you talking to?" hana turned behind, seeing jay with a towel in his hand as he walked towards the table. "no one." she answered dryly, thinking about the guy jason. she contemplated whether to bring up about him while eating. 

"do you not have work today?" hana made small talk. jay stuffed his mouth with food as she shook his head no. "it was only for the leave we took for school hana, we start college on 19th. no more work" he sighed with relief smiling, gulping water.

"oh, ohh okay" hana smiled a bit back. she wasn't used to jay giving such sincere smiles. she finally realised marriage is a pretty big deal. she's seeing the real jay aside from his constant bickering with her. 

"you know... what happened to jason?" hana asked slowly, mustering up courage as she really didn't like a thing about him. 

jay's eyes got smaller noticeably, he glanced at hana as he ate a piece of his pancake. "got him sued, i had to have a talk with him before, went to his mom, told them what happened. dad said he'll handle jason and i came home at like, um.. 4? something like that. don't worry, i won't ever let anything happen to you like that." 

seeing jay be so serious broke a piece of hana. she escaped something horrible because of him. she hated to say it but she was happy about jay for the first time. maybe not first. 

"hana?" 

"huh, yeah. thank you." hana smiled, a sincere smile of gratitude. 

he was a saviour that not many could have during hard times so easily. 

"don't cry now" jay passed his water. "yah! i am not" 

jay chuckled, giving his strawberry to hana's plate as they both ate in silence.