Insecurities

Requested by pinkpastelgoth83 Sorry it took almost 5 FUCKING YEARS for your request, but...
'You can't rush art.'

Hiro's POV

   Insecurities. Why do I have to have them? It's frustrating when you're liking someone, but you don't feel good enough for them. That's what I'm in right now. The person I like? Well, her name is (Y/N).

   She's just so gorgeous. With her (h/c) hair, and especially her gorgeous smile. Everything about her is attractive. But why would she even like me back? I'm not anywhere good enough for her. She deserves someone much better for her. Not someone as, untalented as me. And everyone at SFIT has told me that, plain as day, that I'm not good enough for her.

"You should be more....Open with things Hiro. I mean, I get that you're into all this kind of stuff, but trying out new things doesn't hurt!" One of the students, Caydee preached to me.

"You do tell a good point there, perhaps if I change how I am, then (Y/N) might actually like me. If I could be someone that would actually be worthwhile for her." Caydee nodded. "Exactly. She deserves someone that's really, let's just say, more deserving for her."

I thought that (Y/N) would like me for who I am. But if Caydee says to do something else to impress her, then it's gotta work. She seems like someone that could be helpful. But it's not just her telling me to change, also others and even my close friends like Go Go and others has also told me to change, to change for the better. It's like the whole school is telling me to be someone else.

I tried to change how I look, and even how I act, what I do. Pretty much everything about me I changed. Changed to a much better person. Maybe (Y/N) would like me better than this?

"Hey Hiro. How've you been lately?" (Y/N) walked up to me, and I immediately put on my new persona. "I'm doing fine." I answered. She looked concerned, concerned at me. "Are you sure? You haven't been like your normal self lately. You've been, different." She didn't sound as happy with how I've been as what I hoped.

"And that's a bad thing because?" She was left speechless, not knowing how to reply. "I just wanted to try different things." She still didn't look too impressed. "Okay. Just remember, changing how you are, it's not always the way to go." What did she mean by that? Everyone has told me that I needed to be better as a human being, as a person.

~Timeskip~

(Y/N)'s POV

How one of my really good friends, Hiro, have been lately, it concerns me. Why has he been acting different lately? He's not like his usual self, he's different. I don't have a good feeling about it. But maybe I'm just overreacting, maybe I'm just freaking out over nothing. Hopefully that's just it.

"Did you hear? There's a talent show next week. They said that any talent is accepted, just as long as it's appropriate, of course." One of my other good friends, Honey Lemon said to me. "Sounds cool. I don't think I'll sign up though, perhaps I'll just watch it. "Well, I'll sign up! I have a talent that I can't wait to show (Y/N). I bet you'll go for me as well!" I looked up at the woman, chuckling lightly.

"Of course I will. Do you know anyone else that's signing up?" She pondered about my question, then her face lit up, like a lightbulb was turned on. "Oh yeah! I heard that Hiro is going to be in it. I think he's going to try to sing." I wasn't too amused for what Hiro chose to do. I know he's not too much into singing, or anything like that.

"Really? That's odd of him. Oh well. I guess we shall just wait for it!" I replied with as much happiness as I could muster, to not have her get too suspicious. She walked away from me, going to work on something, and I could only just sit there, thinking, 'What's up in Hiro's head? Is something going on?'

~Talent show day~

Hiro's POV

"Welcome to the first EVER SFIT talent show!" The host announced, which had everyone cheer and give an applause. I had a song ready for the talent show, Copycat by Vocaloid Gumi. It's one of my most favorite songs, and I hoped that it showed that I've changed as well.

After one of the students was done, I was next. "You're up next Hiro, you got this?" One of the backstage people asked me. "Yeah. I've got this." I heard the host, "Congrats to Cadee, pulling off a great show for us! Next up, Hiro Hamada!" I went up on the stage, and I glanced at the crowd. So many eyes watching my every move. I started to get nervous, but I couldn't get nervous now. I had to show that I've changed, changed for the better. Changed to impress (Y/N).

"Hey, um, I got a song to sing for my talent. The song is called Copycat, I doubt you all knows what it is, but it's one of my favorite songs. So, here ya go!" The instrumental track started, and I started to sing the song.

In the middle of it, I lost my nerve, starting to break down, hearing a voice in my head. 'This is NOT who you are! You aren't this!' I fought the voice in my head, not listening to it, I eventually finished the song, which most people cheered. But I immediately went off the stage, not wanting to be the center of attention.

(Y/N)'s POV

"Yknow, (Y/N), Hiro looked off. Do you want to check up on him?" One of my friends, Aaliyah said. "Sure. I'll go see him. I saw him go backstage." I walked over to him, and I noticed him crying and physically shaking. "Hey, Hiro. Are you okay?" He looked at me, and his eyes are red and puffy. "W-what? Why are you here (Y/N)?" I sat next to him, and wrapped my arm around him, holding him closely.

"You're off. You've been, different lately. How come?" He eventually dried his tears, looking at me. "I just heard everyone here saying how I should be different. So I wanted to change for you. I thought that if I changed to someone better, then you would like me."

My mind was all perplexed. Why would he change? Just for me? "Hiro. I liked how you were before you changed. You were more, real before. But when you tried to change your identity, you just turned to something that you're not. Now dry those tears, and how about we go out and hang out together? Just the two of us?"

He gave me a warm smile, nodding. "Sure. We can do that. So you are happy with how I am?" I gave him a chaste kiss on his cheek, him quickly glancing at me and saying, "Of course I do Hiro, of course."

End.

That's the first chapter that I've made in a LONG ASS time! Sorry that request took a while. But I stopped using Wattpad for quite a bit.