Losing Grip

I'm surprised that when I finally uploaded a chapter in a while, it already had reads! Thanks a lot. It makes me happy that people are still read this story. 😊

Song-Losing Grip by Avril Lavigne

Are you aware of what you make me feel, baby?
Right now I feel invisible to you, like I'm not real

Didn't you feel me lock my arms around you?
Why'd you turn away?
Here's what I have to say

I was left to cry there
Waiting outside there
Grinning with a lost stare
That's when I decided

Why should I care?
'Cause you weren't there
When I was scared
I was so alone
You, you need to listen
I'm starting to trip
I'm losing my grip
And I'm in this thing alone

(Y/N)'s POV

Today was an exciting day! I was finally going to be able to get to hang out with my boyfriend, Hiro. I haven't been able to see him lately due to my business trip. But I finally can today!

"I can't wait to be there tonight Hiro. I miss you a lot." He answered in quite a, non loving answer. "Oh yeah. I, I miss you too." He sounded suspicious over the phone, like if he's hiding something. He's actually sounded like that for a few weeks. Like sometimes I would try to hug him, but he wouldn't return my affection. He would also just neglect me sometimes. But I always brushed it off, not wanting to worry too much. "Hiro? Are you hiding something?"

He sounded nervous when he responded, "N-no I'm not! What makes you think that?" I pinched the bridge of my nose, feeling frustrated. But I didn't want to feel bad. "It's not important. What's important is that I get to see you tonight. This business trip has been hectic. I can't wait to just cuddle up with you tonight." He said how much he misses me and then we both hung up and I just counted down the minutes, the hours until I could go home to Hiro again.

~Timeskip~

8:30 PM

"Bye (Y/N)! Have a fantastic weekend!" My boss hollered to me as I was leaving. I glanced quickly at him/her and said, "Thanks, you too!" I went to my car and I drove fast to my house, making sure not to get in trouble. And because the anticipation for seeing Hiro was too much.

I finally arrived after what felt like years and I ran right into the house, greeting with a momentous voice. "Hiro! I'm home from my business trip!" Nothing. 'That's weird? Is he working on his next tech project?' I checked in his office, he wasn't there. 'Not there.' I even checked in another room, 'Not there either.'

Then I heard sounds, like moans. 'What the hell?' I opened the door to what seemed to be the room that the sounds are coming from. What I saw, it broke my heart. I saw Hiro making out with a blonde slut. I didn't know who the chick was. But one thing was certain. I was cheated on, by my now EX boyfriend.

"(Y/N). It-it's not what it looks like!" He tried to reason with me, but I was smarter than that. I knew he cheated on me with a random woman. "Why should I care for you? If you're going to do this, and not even care for me at all. Why on earth should I care about a cheater? I'm on my own now, go have fun with your SLUT!" I slapped him right on the face and I stormed out of that house, holding back the tears.

I entered in my car, not knowing what to do. I called one of my close friends, Honey Lemon. I knew that she could help me out. "Hey (Y/N)! What's up?" She greeted me with a positive attitude. "Oh, nothing much, just that everything sucks and that Hiro cheated on me." She couldn't believe what I said through my anger.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry (Y/N)? Do you want to stay at my place tonight?" I took her offer because I needed to have some closure from someone that at least cares for me. "That would be nice. Thanks Honey Lemon." "No prob (Y/N)! You don't need Hiro if he will treat you like that."

~Timeskip~

It's been a few days since Hiro cheated on me. I haven't spoke to him once since that night. He's tried to talk to me at school, but I ignored him throughout the days. Honey Lemon and the rest of my friends are better to hang out with anyway, they actually care for me, instead of my ex.

As I was walking down the halls of SFIT, I could tell that Hiro was trying to talk to me again. "(Y/N)? Can we talk? I really want to apologize." I heard Hiro again trying to make amends with me. I eventually got fed up with Hiro bugging me, so I replied, "Spit it out Hiro. But make it quick. I have stuff to do." He looked really nervous and regretful. Why shouldn't he? He cheated on me.

"I wanted to apologize for that one night. I was just getting lonely without you. With you being away for days in your business trip, I was desperate. But I've learned my lesson! I miss you. I can't stand being without you. Please, I'll do anything! Just come back." He sounded so desperate, desperate for me to come back to him.

"Hiro. You cheated on me! What am I supposed to do? Gracefully come back to you despite the fact that you might have your blonde mistress behind my back?!?!" He looked emotional at my response, like if he was about ready to cry at any moment.

"I beg (Y/N), I'm sorry!" He latched onto my arm and he started to break down in front of me. I didn't mean to appear as mean, but I wasn't sure if I could trust him anymore. "Hiro, I don't know." He looked at me with his red, puffy eyes. "What if I promise to not do that again? That it's in the past?"

I thought about what he said. I gave him an answer after my thinking. "I'll tell you in a few days. I need to think about this." He looked happy with that response, it was like his face lit up with joy. "Thank you (Y/N)!" He hollered with excitement and he walked away, with me standing there, not knowing what to choose.

End.