Chapter 23 : Finding Chamber of Secrets

~EDITED~

Chapter 23

Harry entered the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom and took a seat near the back, in between Rigel and Daphne. There were no surprises to who was sitting at the front- Granger of course, and it looked she'd nagged his brother and Weasley into sitting with her as well.

Sure enough, Lockhart gave a dramatic entrance and pointed to the various portraits of him and said "Me. Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class; Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defence League; five-time winner of Witch Weekly's most charming smile Award. Ah, I see you've bought my complete set of books. Well done. Let's start with a quiz. You have thirty minutes. Start-NOW!"

Harry looked at the questions with eyebrows raised. He smirked slightly and started writing.

1. What is Gilderoy Lockhart's favorite color?

Gold, the color of the galleons he gets by making poor children spend an exorbitant amount of money by forcing them to buy his books for school.

2. What is Gilderoy Lockhart's secret ambition?

To make lots of money by fooling not only the British Wizarding public but people all over the world as well by selling his worthless books.

3. What, in your opinion, is Gildoroy Lockhart's greatest achievement to date?

He successfully fooled the public to believe that he actually achieved all those feats he has written in his books; making them believe fiction to be fact is a good answer too.

54. What would Gilderoy Lockhart's ideal birthday gift be?

A Niffler. That way he wouldn't have to make people spend tons of gold to buy his books; he can just dig them from the ground or find them in a toilet where he and his books belong. Although a mirror for him to admire his reflection would be a good choice as well.

Harry smirked and cast the Gemini charm on his answer sheet and duplicated it into several copies and passed them around the class with a few flicks of his wand. A few minutes later, snickers could be heard throughout the classroom. Terry Boot actually fell off his seat after laughing so hard. Lockhart seemed to not notice as he was looking at a mirror at the other end of class.

After a few minutes, Lockhart collected them and rifled through them in front of the class. "Tut, tut - hardly any of you is lilac. I say so in Year with the Yeti. And a few of you need to -" he stopped midway, his face red.

"Detention Mr Potter. You will spend one evening with me every two weeks till the winter holidays. And ten points from Slytherin" he snapped.

Harry maintained a cool expression. He really didn't care if the peacock gave him a detention. The man was an idiot, an inconvenience, nothing more. He wasn't even worth plotting to kill. He had to find some other way to get rid of Lockhart.

The man lifted a cloth covered cage and placed it on his desk. "Now-be warned. I'm here to train you against the foulest, most deadly creatures known to wizardkind! I must ask you not to scream. Stay calm, as you are about to witness freshly caught Cornish pixies!" he said dramatically.

Harry couldn't help it. He burst out laughing, and many others followed suit. Lockhart looked annoyed and asked, "What's funny?"

Draco Malfoy looked at him and said "Well, it's funny because they're pixies! They're not all that dangerous."

"I have to agree with Draco over there. The way you were going about it, I thought you were going to introduce us to a Nundu!" said Harry.

"Really? Let's see what you can make of them then!" said Lockhart as he let the whole swarm out of their cage.