ONE || O1F4A5

Disclaimer:

I don't own the characters and in no way do these characters reflect who the BTS members are in real life! Or any celebrities mentioned in the book, for that matter.

This story was inspired by a few others I've read but the idea is new and entirely my own. I have never read anything like it so if there are any similarities, they're purely coincidental. I also own copyrights over all the text and the book cover (The design is mine, not the images). Plagiarism is something I will not let slide. But if you wish to quote the book somewhere for a few sentences, I don't have a problem with that.

Warnings have been given in the introduction so do be mindful of them and if anything bothers you that you weren't warned of, tell me and I'll either take care of it or ask you to stop reading.

This is a Taekook book, but romantic Taegikook is used as a major plot device so do whatever you will with that information, I guess.

I hope we can all respect each other, readers and author alike and build a loving community. I will not tolerate myself or any of my readers being disrespected.

Thank you!

----

Jungkook lightly rubs the skin ointment his tattoo artist prescribed for him over the light blistering on his bare chest, holding in his winces as he does so. Once the white cream disappears into his skin, he pulls out his phone and checks the redness through the front camera, huffing through his nose.

Why did he even fight Jin to get the tattoo? When it was optional, too?

Jungkook groans as he recalls young him smitten for his mafia captain and willing to do whatever he could to gain her approval. Even go as far as getting an optional Rings tattoo. On his chest, no less. When he knew damn well, he'd have to get it removed at some point for a mission.

But it was necessary.

Otherwise he wouldn't be standing in the bathroom of a plane headed to Croatia on his twenty-second birthday.

"Happy birthday, Kookie," he says to himself, smiling in his front camera. "You don't turn twenty-two everyday."

He rests his phone on the sink and pulls his white t-shirt over his head, setting it for wrinkles, trying to look as casual as possible and not like he's on a mission to bring down the world's most notorious mafia, Ruby and Sapphire, better known as Jewels.

Not that he is.

That's just what he wants Rings to believe.

He has his own personal things to settle with the leader of Jewels himself.

Vante best be prepared for his arrival.

Jungkook sits on the toilet seat and fixes his intense gaze on his phone. Any minute now, Jin will call.

Meanwhile, Jungkook plays with his wavy black hair, satisfied with his decision to let them grow out a bit.

It makes him look badass.

The phone vibrates and Jungkook instantly picks it up, attending the call from an unknown number and pressing the phone to his ear, "Hello?" His fingers shake slightly but he quickly inhales to calm his nerves.

"The same water that softens the potato hardens the egg," Jin's familiar voice reaches Jungkook's ears through the phone. "What are you? Potato, or egg?"