THIRTY THREE || J5C3C4J3J5O4XF5C3J3A5A5

Yoongi stares at the floor of the medical room as he sits atop a stool, his hair messy and falling above his face.

There was no way Jisoo would live if Taehyung knew she was a spy.

But deep down, Yoongi prays that Tae's love for her would overpower his hate for spies. Jisoo didn't even do anything wrong. Her sole mission was to take care of Taehyung and write Yoongi a detailed report every three months on his mental and physical condition.

Yoongi fists his right hand and squeezes it in his left, raising his head to slide his gaze along the body in front of him. Soobin's sister, left in a coma by a few members of Sakura lays there, barely hanging onto life.

If Taehyung kills Jisoo, he might want to take out Soobin too.

Yoongi tries not to entertain the thought of him hurting Yeonjun.

Yoongi closes his eyes as he pictures Jisoo's bright smile, from when they both were young. His chest tightens and his breath hitches at the thought of never hearing her deep, soothing voice again.

Yoongi tried to never get attached to anyone too much. Emotions never did well in the underworld. But there was something about Jisoo, her caring nature, her wide smile, her light-hearted personality, that always put him at peace.

"If he matters that much to you, I can take care of him," jisoo says.

Yoongi looks up from the picture of Taehyung he was staring at, and blinks. "What?"

"Your boyfriend," Jisoo smiles."The one whose picture you keep staring at?"

Yoongi blinks again. "How will you take care of him?"

"All we have to do is find him," Jisoo plops herself on the sofa next to Yoongi. "Then I can go undercover and take care of him."

"Why would I send you in if I found him? I'd go myself."

"That could've happened," Jisoo says slowly. "If I hadn't overheard GD saying he wants to prepare you to be the next leader."

"He wants to—" Yoongi cuts himself off as realisation hits him. "G-Dragon wants me to be the leader?"

"His protege, yeah," Jisoo nods.

Yoongi continues to stare at Jisoo as if she had grown horns, the reality of the situation and the consequences awaiting him still finding room to settle in his head.

"Okay, but how does that affect Taehyung?" Yoongi frowns.

"I also had Rose and Lisa look for him," Jisoo says."It's highly likely he got onto Jewels' good side."

Yoongi blinks a few more times, his jaw dropping. "Wait, you found him?"

"His last live location, yes."

"And when were you gonna tell me this?" Yoongi exclaims, standing up, the photo of Taehyung crumpling in his fisted hand.

"Chill down, bobcat. I found out half an hour ago."

"Okay, so let's go!"

"You want to walk into Jewels' territory without telling anybody?"

"It's Tae!"

"You are the future leader of this damn group!"

Yoongi's brain short-circuits, unable to take in all that information at once.

Yoongi faintly smiles to the memory of Jisso being patient with his hyperactive young self, though she was two years younger than him. She would laugh at all his jokes, make sure he was taking care of himself and would even help nurse Yeji and raise Hyunjin.