SEVENTEEN || J4A5O2A5F4J5A5A5F4

Jungkook can't help the smile that graces his lips as Taehyung sits at the desk and eats a strawberry jam sandwich with a pout on his face. He's just as endearing as he used to be, if not more.

"You're still a strawberry addict?"

Taehyung pauses eating mid-bite and looks at Jungkook, eyes wide, mouth full. Jungkook chuckles, adjusting his legs on the bed.

"Strawberries are good," Taehyung says, switching his attention back to the sandwich, mouth still full.

Jungkook tilts his head as he stares at Taehyung, taking in his features and perfectly proportionate body structure. How do you get so lucky, born looking like that?

"Do you still have a big forehead?" Jungkook asks, staring at his hair.

Taehyung looks back at him and shrugs, looking away.

"You don't have to show me," Jungkook raises his hands up in defence.

Taehyung nods and goes right back to eating the sandwich, this time with more focus.

It's been a week since Jungkook told Taehyung about Yoongi's death and the first few days the latter completely avoided him. The fifth day, Taehyung came into his room and they both worked on the code, occasionally rubbing each other's hand in comfort. The sixth day, Taehyung stayed quiet but close to Jungkook. Today, they decided to take a break from working since Jungkook almost passed out.

Of course, he only pretended he was at the verge of passing out because Taehyung looked like he could drop dead at any minute.

"Why didn't you come for me earlier?" Taehyung asks, dusting his hands against each other above the little tray in front of him.

Jungkook exhales a breath and shifts on the bed, making room for Taehyung. "I wanted to look for Yoongi before I endangered your life by coming directly to you and then going through government files for Yoongi."

Taehyung stands and stretches a little, walking upto Jungkook when the younger pats the space near him, "So, you're here now that he's dead?"

"I'm here now because I realised I really can't lose you before we meet again, like with Yoongi," Jungkooks sits up and extends his arms for Taehyung to hug him.

Taehyung clenches his jaw, trying to smile, "Have you always been this considerate?"

"I don't know," Jungkook makes grabby hands and pouts, wanting to cuddle Taehyung's worries away. "Now, come here."

Taehyung leans closer but doesn't touch Jungkook, "Another question."

Jungkook frowns childishly.

"How come Soobin never heard your name if you were a fake prisoner for August for a whole two and a half years. Did they not wonder why they were accused of a false crime?"

Jungkook raises his brows and searches Taehyung's eyes before nodding, "There's a reason they're not the number one mafia in the world."

Taehyung sticks out his bottom lip and nods. "I guess that makes sense."

"Why can't you trust me?" Jungkook lowers his arms. "You know, of all people on the planet, I would never hurt you."

Taehyung's eyes narrow a little, a flash of defence passing through them. Jungkook knows that look all too well.

"It's not that," Taehyung turns his head away. "You-I can't risk it. Tomorrow, if you do something, then I'm the one who has to take responsibility. I can't let that happen."