FORTY-SEVEN || C1F5J3J5O4XJ4A5O2A5F5

The air in the room freezes, a sudden silence contrasting from the tension heating it a second ago.

Even Jimin doesn't say anything.

But Taehyung's mind is loud. Incoherent screaming deafens him to any external noise, forcing him to think beyond it.

The air around Taehyung must've frozen more because he doesn't think what Taylor said reached his ears, or maybe it's because their's already so much noise in his head, he can't hear anything.

"I'm sorry..." Taehyung leans forward slightly. "What?"

The noise fades to static, constant mind-breaking static.

Taylor inhales and looks at Jungkook. "Lee Jaykay. My most trusted, Jeon Jungkook."

The lump in Taehyung's throat grows so much, it clogs his ability to breathe.

What did she just say?

He must've heard wrong.

Jungkook never worked for Rings. How would they know his real name? They shouldn't know his real name.

Taehyung slowly turns his head to face Jungkook, who is facing Taehyung with wide eyes, his entire body stilled to a statue.

Taehyung frowns and scrunches his face in confusion.

Jungkook shivers and shakes his head, "I- I can explain."

Oh, baby, please, no.

Taehyung's lips part and he tries to breathe, he tries to suck in air, but he can't.

"You're not..." Timothée steps closer to Taehyung, talking to Jungkook. "Going to deny it?"

"Please," Jungkook says, tears welling up in his eyes again. "I can explain. Just let me explain."

"You have one minute," Jimin says, his voice firm.

How can it be Jungkook? Jungkook was with Taehyung. They were looking for Yoongi. They were going to get to August. Jungkook had been duping Rings for years just to get to him.

Still... Taylor's most trusted?

"In private," Jungkook chokes, still looking Taehyung directly in the eyes.

"Jungkook, come back here," Taylor says.

Jungkook looks at her but then quickly whips his head back to Taehyung, his tears flowing out of his eyes now. "Taehyung, please."

"Fucking explain!" Jimin slams his hand on the table, making everybody in the room jump or flinch.

Everybody except for Taehyung, who remains paralyzed, trying to wrap his head around the situation.

It doesn't make any sense.

At all.

He killed Travis Barker... he killed... Travis smiled at him.

Travis knew Jungkook.

Travis had been sent on an official mission from Rings... he was working under Rings when he smiled at Jungkook.

We are so fucking dumb, it was right there in front of us and now look.

But what about getting to Yoongi and loving Taehyung...?

"Is that how you knew about the PTSD?" Jimin looks at Taylor.

"Jungkook, come here," Taylor says again.

Oh...

Taehyung's face turns blue and his head goes light. Jungkook told Taylor about his PTSD? How could he... how could he do something like that?