THIRTY ONE || J5C3C4J3J5O4XF5F4A5

I'M BACK MY ORCHIDS

How are you guys? I missed you so much.

I literally kept reading y'alls comments to keep myself sane 😩✋

I'm so happy you guys are enjoying the book amd sticking around for the updates! What did I do to deserve you?

AND WE HIT 1K!!! I LOVE YOU THIS IS ALL YOUR DOING MY PRECIOUS LITTLE FLOWERS THANK YOU

My exams went okay but I'm not satisfied so I'm thinking about repeating the grade or giving improvement papers.

But, now back to the book, since that's what you're here for.

LET'S GET IT!

----

Taehyung cracks his neck as he adjusts his tie under his collar, watching Jungkook in the mirror. The younger threw on some sweatpants and one of Taehyung's oversized hoodies. How he saw himself as ready, that would always remain a mystery in Taehyung's eyes.

"Are you sure you want to do this right now?" Jungkook asks, setting his hair in the mirror.

Taehyung inhales deeply and nods, "Yeah, why?"

"I mean," Jungkook waves his hand around. "Don't you wanna take some time to process this?"

"If she admits she was a spy," Taehyung advances towards the door. "I'll kill her. Nothing more to it."

"But she's your friend."

"There are no friends in a game of thieves."

Jungkook licks his lips and nods.

Taehyung opens the door and waits for Jungkook to walk out before following him and closing the door.

"What were you saying the other day, Kookie?" Taehyung tilts his head. "That August has honour?"

Jungkook purses his lips and then chuckles, "If she is from August, then I guess I was wrong."

"Don't question Kim Taehyung, my love."

"Lesson learned."

--------

Yoongi sits on a bench beside the ice-skating rink, waiting for Namjoon to come and take his weekly class. He absentmindedly tosses a half-empty bottle of water from one hand to another, gazing at the seats behind him, his mind roaming to what Hoseok said earlier.

It was wrong of him to become leader when he couldn't control himself. He should've known Taehyung held immeasurable power over him.

But he didn't.

And now his family's paying the price.

"Yoongi!"

Yoongi turns to see Namjoon hurrying down the steps to get to him. The elder stands to greet Namjoon before he notices the younger's panicked demeanour.

His smile drops. "Joon?"

"It's Jisoo," Namjoon comes to a halt in front of Yoongi. "They caught her."

Gooseumps rise on Yoongi's skin, and they're not because of the cold around him. His mouth grows dry and his eyes widen, the water bottle falling from his hands and hitting the ground.

No.

--------

In front of Jisoo's cell, Taehyung finds himself losing sense of who he is but keeps a firm stance, fighting whatever's trying to interrupt him.