TWENTY NINE|| J5O3A5F4J5O4XF4C4F4A5

Yoongi sits on his bed, his eyes cast down as he tries to think of all the possible things Taehyung plans to do with his mother. He forced himself to not think of Junghyun because he would panic when he did. Junghyun didn't understand the seriousness of August's confidentiality and he would surely tell Taehyung everything he knew once Jungkook was mentioned.

It's possible Taehyung already knew Yoongi was a member of August.

Yoongi sighs and runs a hand through his hair.

The door opens behind him and Yoongi turns around to see Hyunjin. His breath is coming out in hard pants and there's dried blood stuck to one side of his face.

"Hyun-"

"Hyung, it's serious!" Hyunjin storms over to him.

Yoongi takes in the younger's panicked state, his dishevelled hair, and frowns, "How was your mission? Who did this to you?"

And the next three words that come out of Hyunjin's mouth are enough for Yoongi's feet to become heavy and for his head to lighten. He would've never expected, not in a million years, what Hyunjin says next.

"It was Vante!"

--------

"Kid, breathe," Namjoon stands in front of Hyunjin. "Breathe. In. Out."

Hyunjin nods and gladly takes the glass of water Hoseok offered and drinks it down in one gulp, relaxing himself, "'Kay, I'm good."

"Great," Namjoon nods. "Now, when did this happen?"

"We were in Daegu to extract all the intel from Sakura but when we tried to go through the underground sector, Vante was right there," Hyunjin rants.

Sakura was one of the smaller gangs in Korea, nothing but a pain in August's ass from time to time.

"Underground?" Hoseok frowns. "Why didn't you kill him?"

"He's on the no-hit list," Namjoon reminds Hoseok.

Hoseok tches.

"How did he find the underground tunnel?" Yoongi asks, pacing the room.

"Why didn't he kill you?" Hoseok turns back to Hyunjin.

"I-" Hyunjin blinks. "I don't know."

"He killed everybody else," Namjoon frowns. "You're the lone survivor."

Hyunjin blinks again and looks down at the ground, trying to understand what happened.

Namjoon and Hoseok shared unsure glances before studying Hyunjin from head-to-toe.

Yoongi pauses and frowns, a thought occurring to him. He marches forward and tears open Hyunjin's shirt, pulling the locket chain off his neck.

Hyunjin winces and rubs the back of his neck as Yoongi studies the ring hanging from the chain.

Hyunjin gulps.

Yoongi's eyes burn with rage as he looks back at Hyunjin. "You went with this?"

"Uh..." Hyunjin swallows again and exhales a shaky breath.

Namjoon's mouth hangs open. "Shit."

Hoseok tches again.

"You disobeyed a direct order and went in with this?" Yoongi flares his nostrils and steps forward, towering over Hyunjin.

Hyunjin leans back in his seat, "What- what does that have to do with anything? It's just a ring."

Yoongi clenches his jaw and grits his teeth. "I told you, go with what Namjoon gives you. Did Namjoon give you the ring?"