FORTY TWO || C1F5J3J5O4XJ5O3F5

The cool, ocean breeze blows into the hotel room, mapping through all three of their hair, blowing the curtains open as the sunlight pours into  the room, illuminating it.

"Are you sure we're prepared for every possible outcome?" Selena asks as she sits upon the love seat in the corner.

"Even if we're not, we will figure it out," Taylor responds, standing next to the window, her arms crossed over her chest.

She has a clear view of the ocean and smiles to herself as the waves splash against the shore, foaming on the beach.

"Yeah, besides," Ariana says from her position on the bed, her legs crossed on top of each other. "We have Jungkook and Montero."

"What if he brings them up?" Selena asks.

"Be specific with your words," Taylor says, inhaling deeply, pulling on the sleeves of her turtleneck to provide comfort.

Selena sighs. "What if he brings your husband and the baby up?"

Taylor's breath hitches, thinking of her dead husband and missing, most probably killed unborn child.

"You really have no filter, do you?" Ariana asks.

"What?"

"Bitch, you could've just said fami—"

"He will most definitely bring them up," Taylor cuts in before Ariana escalates the situation. "We need to understand how to fight back without bringing his family up."

"Taylor, are you sure we're ready?" Selena asks, her voice steady but Taylor knows she's worried.

They all are.

And there's no response Taylor can think of to soothe their anxieties. There is no guarantee how today will turn out.

So, she says to them what she has been saying to herself since the previous night, "Don't worry, we have Jungkook."

Because that's all she really has.

Jungkook.

--------

Taehyung stays quiet as a helicopter comes to pick them up.

Jungkook purposefully climbs the same one as Taehyung, sitting opposite to him and glaring daggers at the elder's face.

Taehyung shifts uncomfortably and keeps his eyes outside, not wanting to meet Jungkook's gaze.

From the conversation he had with J-hope, it seemed a lot like he met Yoongi.

So what, now they're interacting with Yoongi and keeping it from each other?

Yoongi was both of their's, goddammit.

The wind from outside hits Jungkook's hair from every direction, blinding him several billion times but his head stays still, his eyes fixated on Taehyung, his brows furrowed and his cheeks puffed out.

How dare Taehyung hide something so crucial from him?

Jimin seems uncomfortable as well but Jungkook pays no mind to him. The other did just learn that his best friend has a severe mental disorder.

Taehyung is a dick.

Fuck Taehyung.

For the last six years, everything Jungkook has done or tried to do was to reunite the three of them again... and this piece of shit didn't think twice before lying to him.

Seriously, what does he see in Taehyung?

A fucking dickhead at his best.

The ocean under them nor the scent of it filling Jungkook's nose is enough to calm him down.