TWO || J5O3O1

Taehyung stares at his bedroom's ceiling, opening and closing his right hand as he studies his fingers under the light. He huffs and hits his head on his left arm under his hair, waiting for Jimin.

It's the 1st of September.

Jungkook turns twenty-two today.

Does he still look like the same innocent, wide-eyed boy Taehyung saw six years ago? Does he still remember Taehyung?

Does Taehyung want to be remembered?

The door knocks and Taehyung smiles. That must be Jimin.

"Jimin, you don't have to knock when I've already invited you," Taehyung says.

"My hands are full, dipshit."

Taehyung jerks his head up and stares at the door, "Open it with your feet, then."

"Would it kill you to open it yourself?"

"Yes."

Jimin mutters a string of curses outside the door and Taehyung chuckles as the door handle turns and opens to reveal Jimin, a deep scowl painted on his face.

He looks like a completely different Jimin from the one Taehyung saw at the warehouse. His hair is neat and combed, his eyes hiding behind his glasses. Just as promised, he's wearing a white sweat-shirt with red trousers to go with it.

"When did you steal my shirt?" Taehyung asks, sitting up.

Jimin crouches and picks up the tray of food and drinks he laid on the floor before entering and closing the door behind him. "You don't need to get revenge every time I curse at you, you know."

Taehyung crosses his legs in front of him and places a pillow on top of them, blinking innocently at Jimin, "I don't know what you're talking about."

The scent of hot chocolate hits Taehyung's nose and he eagerly jumps a little, waiting for Jimin to set the tray on the bedside table and sit beside him.

"I swear to God, you are the softest don I have ever laid my eyes upon," Jimin shakes his head and throws a sheet over both himself and Taehyung.

Taehyung smiles lightly and licks his lips at the chocolate cookies in the tray.

"How does the 'very mention of your name rock even the deadliest of demons to their core'?" Jimin mocks, making quotation marks against Taehyung's title.

Taehyung just thrusts a cookie into his mouth, taking a moment to relish the taste, allowing it to flood his tongue with pleasure.

"What did you wanna talk about?" Jimin asks, reaching for a cookie himself.

Taehyung's smile shrinks and his gaze turns downwards, his movements becoming slow.

Jimin smiles softly, placing a hand on Taehyung's shoulder, "It's his birthday today, isn't it?"

"You remember?" Taehyung mumbles, his eyes wide and the cookie still pressed against his lips.

Jimin chuckles. "You only reminded me everyday ever since Yoongi told you."

Taehyung manages a weak smile, "I was getting over them, so well too."

Jimin nods and runs his hand through the side of Taehyung's hair dyed red. "I know. And you can again."

"Fucking Yoongi showed up and flipped everything sideways," Taehyung frowns, gently closing his fist around the cookie and resting his arm on the pillow as Jimin moves to sit in front of him.

Taehyung hates Yoongi. Hates him so much.

How can someone just leave the man they love when things turn away from their favour? Yoongi used him. Yoongi used him to try and be happy.