3 - Auror

The dying sunset shaded the alleys around, leaving room for the approaching darkness.
When she was still a little girl, Hinata had been afraid of it, but then, growing up, she discovered that there was much worse in the world.
She understood that it was not the darkness of the night that she had to fear, but the one that lurks in the hearts of men, the one that was also present in his heart.
Only a few days later, noticing the absence of the cousin around, she had realized what had really happened.
Every night he would fall asleep in tears and then wake up sobbing when she saw him in a dream.
During the day she found herself crossing the long alleys of her village with that perennial sense of guilt that always followed her.
The looks of his former comrades, the people on the street and those of his family were unbearable.
You're nothing but a failure.
They didn't really know her. Perhaps in their eyes she had to look like a poor and innocent soul in pain, perhaps now that she did not utter a word she had to look like the specter of that shy and docile girl she had been.
Nothing could be more wrong.
Sometimes in perceiving their concern for her muteness, she found herself clawing at her sweatshirt, fearful that they would see the stain that besmirched her.
The imaginary blood that was sticking into her, sinking into her lungs and causing her such pain that she cut off her breath and never spoke again.
What did I do to deserve such a weak daughter?
Because of her weakness, her cousin had been forced to save her. And from perfect insensitive after having practically seen Neji die tortured in front of his eyes, it did not take long to enjoy the hand that Naruto had taken.
It had been a few minutes since the death of what was a relative of hers, who was her cousin, almost a brother to her.
How could he just think of something so stupid?
It was like everything was shattered.

Reality cannot be changed.
Only at the sight of the blond who had always struck her felt bitter, disgusted by herself.
The gleam of the blue eyes she once loved was now a source of tears and panic attacks.
She would no longer hear the voice of Neji calling her, she would no longer train with him, she would no longer hear him defend her in front of the elderly who whispered how weak she was.
She tried to get stronger, but they were right.
Her cousin died saving her, who was a complete failure.
Weak, unworthy.
A faint sigh slipped from her lips as she continued to walk beside Kiba and Tenten.
She had not many friends, but over the years she had managed to build quality relationships. After all, she had always preferred a small number of true friends to many acquaintances.
She preferred those who remained close to her after the war, although she had long been in a atrophied psychological state.
She appreciated their closeness, but she could never stop feeling lonely.

On the bench that had his back to the alley that led to the ramen kiosk, Sasuke, wearing his long dark cloak, was sitting, finally savoring the silence of that snowy place

That empty head of Naruto, just before, had forced him to eat the meal in that room full of people, asking him all sorts of questions about his new role as a teacher at the Konoha Academy, exasperating him with his optimism.
For his part, Sasuke was not performing that work for a personal claim. He only tried to please Itachi, but a part of him still harbored hatred for that village.