39 - Memories of the past

The wind rolled her hair, around it was the smell of the earth, of the grass, Hinata walked next to Sasuke in the paths of the extinct clan, feeling the Magone in her stomach. You could imagine what had happened there, the story of the Uchiha clan everyone knew, but there was something pressing inside her. There were pieces missing, there was a life he wasn't even a part of. She stopped at that instant at that observation and tilted his head, his power was not enough to look inside every building. She could not see the past with her power, she could not see what had really happened that day.

- I was thinking about something - said Hinata.

- Hmm? - Sasuke looked at her.

- I want to see what your eyes have seen happening here - he really said. - And I want to see what you did after the massacre, when you left the village. -

Sasuke was stunned by that request, his voice erased for a few seconds, his eyes wide open. No one had ever seen the memories that Itachi had given him that day, no one. He took his hand of Hinata and took her to the steps of his new house, sat her down and looked again at the so beautiful face of his woman, he could feel the strangely calm breaths. He loved that girl very much, he had admitted it for a long time to himself, why fill her with torment and blood, hatred, revenge, why fill her with everything negative there could be?

- Hinata - forcefully pronounced Sasuke. - It takes a lot of courage to ask me to show you this horror. -

- Do you remember a year ago when you told me that your path would lead you into darkness? - Hinata asked.

Sasuke curled his lips as he remembered his impeccable response.

My path leads to darkness.

If you want me by your side, I'll walk with you.

Later in the years, Sasuke would have wondered if that day it was Hinata's tone of voice that convinced him or maybe his eyes? Sasuke wouldn't have for long how he got out of his lock down. He leaned his forehead on Hinata's. His eye turned red as blood and the design of the iris changed to Sharingan mangekyo.

 His eye turned red as blood and the design of the iris changed to Sharingan mangekyo

Hinata went into the bloody hallucination. She had been transported into the darkness of the night, with the full moon behind her, rising on a pole.