20 - Off-road ( first part)

He was lying on the sofa, in the air of his room the fragrance of sandalwood incense was winding.

- This perfume is too good, isn't it? - Hinata asked him, standing up.

Sasuke nodded before seeing her smile. She had laid a brazier on the coffee table and now she was heading to the kitchen.

The ivy weed the afternoon before said that filling the house with perfume would make the environment more welcoming. He yawned, they had been dining at his place for two weeks, they had not moved from Konoha. His days were too much spent preparing his students for the tournament. Every morning until almost evening he went with Sai and their kids to the training camps. The preparation they were undergoing was heavy, intensive. Sasuke was counting the days until the closure of that grueling responsibility.

He hated being confined to that damn village for so long. It was so comforting the routine that they had taken a few weeks before and now they had ended up locked up again like that month when it was always raining.

- Sasuke - called him Hinata.

- Hmm? - mumbled without opening his eyes.

- Do I cook vegetables, fish or meat tonight? -

- Fish and vegetables. -

- All right. -

Every time he found himself having dinner with the infesting ivy he began to feel perhaps a bit of nostalgia for the family he hadn't had for too long. He had just joined her on that sofa and had not let her speak, eager to stick her teeth in her lips and shut her up, possess her. As always she had remained defeated, corrupt, like him.

Hinata yawned as she catalogued the incoming new books

Hinata yawned as she catalogued the incoming new books. Sasuke was so committed to training that he couldn't make it through the library. Every time they finished eating, he literally saw him collapse on the couch.

She felt the Shino of chakra. He had learned that his students had not been admitted to the third Chunin test. His taciturn teammate had always wanted to teach. He wanted to tell him that it would be better next time and so he grabbed the board from the bag and wrote it to him, reminding him that none of them had succeeded in their time. Sasuke and Sai were exceptions, the rehearsals were not finished. Although Hinata doubted that the students of those two would lose. From what little they had seen, they seemed incredibly strong for their age.

In addition, both Sai and Sasuke were not soft subjects, for the umpteenth time he dared not even imagine what they were doing to those children. He closed the library and walked out with Shino, Kiba joined both. She used to always spend that time during the week, Hinata felt relieved that he had come that day too, Shino spoke little, but she was not exactly suitable to keep him company, since he could not emit sound.

- Hey you, how about you come downtown with me? - Kiba asked both of you. - There are lots of stalls, I'm sure you will like them too, Hinata.-

Hinata smiled, nodding.