12 - We are nothing but two shadows

Sasuke climbed the steps of the Academy and wandered down the corridor. He still felt widespread physical pain, but nothing of comparable to the afternoon before. It would take a few days before he was at his best. But the idea of spending it at home was ruled out. The infesting ivy had worked for more than two hours to clean up, medicate and close every wound, all that had remained on him compared to what was reduced on the day of the clash were only muscle and bone pain. As he walked down the corridor, he carried his fingers tapered on the gauze that wrapped his forehead, feeling something unidentified in his stomach. He had also arrived early, of the three brats there was no trace nor distraction from his damned gloomy thoughts. The chakra he recognized a few hundred meters away made him exhale forcefully. The former pink-haired teammate at his sight was like a fly who couldn't wait to kill.

- Sasuke - pronounced Sakura trafelata. - How are you? Yesterday came Naruto battered in the hospital, I had him admitted for a couple of days. I came here as soon as my shift was over, I was worried about you. -

He did not answer her, continuing to walk. The idiot was worse off than him, but he never lost his strength to shut his big mouth? Sakura didn't even realize he had to leave, following him apprehensively, his eyes always anchored to his tall and black figure.

- Were have you dizzy, feverish? - Sakura asked.

- No.-

Sakura she crinkled her lips, he at least though had responded dryly. He observed Sasuke's bandaged forehead and neck, the patch on his right cheekbone, his hands with other bandages.

- Who treated you? -

- It's none of your business - he have puffed chilling he it.

Sakura felt her eyes moisten at that answer, but she held on.

Naruto had three internal hemorrhages, and he almost passed out on the bed when he arrived at the hospital, Sasuke was good at hiding suffering and emotions and she had to control.

- I'm a doctor - she said resolutely, going in front of him. - Let me see the wounds under the bandages, you may have problems. Maybe this person made a mistake and you have an infection going on. -

Did he make a mistake?

The statement of his former teammate oddly made him really irritate more than he should.

- Hush  - she said quietly, turning away.

Sakura carried her hand on her chest, as tears were sliding down her cheeks. Why was he always so icy, because he always treated her badly? And who treated him? Working at the hospital, he knew everyone who knew how to use medicine. A doubt crept into his soul at that moment. What could he do? He couldn't even go near his house. Months before the last time he tried, Sasuke had pushed her and treated her even worse when she found herself waiting outside her home. But she wouldn't give up, he was the only one she ever liked and she wouldn't give up her love.