33 - A smile that knew of poison

The sky was colored a monochromatic gray, and the clouds ran close to the sun, obscuring it. There was lightning in the distance. Sasuke continued to walk, they left Konoha for six days, Sai was on his right, Yamanaka instead remained behind the children to protect them in case of danger. They should have stopped soon. It took at least another four days to reach the area he had designated  Kakashi.

The ninja of the village of the fog would arrive there.  They looked for a place to camp, but Sasuke's head was far away from the trees passing by and the landscape surrounding the group, the thoughts were far from his students and his fellow shinobi.

You know I saw Hinata, you were right, she's not mad at me, Naruto said before he left. He recalled the scene seen in the woods, the long hair in the wind was an expanse of bluish-black silk threads that waved always even in the wild waters of his subconscious. The fact that she was talking again was already a big step forward, who knows who would listen to her now, who knows what she said.

- Let's stop here - said Sai. - This cave seems to be a good refuge. -

She was in bed, looking at the bedside table where his books were

She was in bed, looking at the bedside table where his books were. All that white in that room reminded her of old men who judged her mercilessly. She didn't like being in the hospital all those days. The light of the full moon spread rapid silver brushstrokes over the blankets. She was wrapped in gray duvets. She saw the window open and felt the icy air for a moment, it was still snowing outside. She smiled as she heard her slow and controlled steps, soon feeling her touch in her hair. The chair was already ready by the bed, at head height, but he like every night stood behind her, hugging her. The weight shifted to the mattress. She had a calm breath and delicate fingers on her hair. Maybe he thought he was sleeping and gently continued that caress? On the skin his hands were rough, strong as those of a powerful warrior.

- I like it when you touch my hair  - said Hinata.

- Hmm? -

Hinata stretched her arms forward waiting for a hug.

- Today, you were late, I was almost asleep, Sasuke.-

Hinata woke up sweating. That dream that had been repeated for days made her feel devastated when she woke up. She was sure she was dreaming about something, someone she knew, but who? She remembered only blurry outlines. He looked at his bed, tightening the covers. God, why did she feel that way? Perhaps she was really going crazy, there was no other explanation for what was happening to her, nor was there any truce day and night. Should she have talked to someone about it? But what did she have to say? There really was no logical sense in what was happening to her, and rationally she didn't even feel crazy, but how could she get out of that state of loss? That word made her blink. Loss of what?