26 - Thorns

The grey clouds quickly crossed without threatening the morning light. Sasuke slowly opened his eyes and began to hear the outside noises, the breeze of the light wind on the white skin of his face. For years he had slept in tunnels and hideouts following that traitor Orochimaru, it was always cold down there, there was humidity and the blankets could not heat him well. 

He looked at those overseas blue curtains near the window, mounted fifteen days earlier, the sun seeped only to the sides, not like before it invaded his bed. He got up, reaching the bathroom before getting dressed and following that note of fragrance that pushed him into the room. Here is the poison ivy that somehow has always done what it wanted, climbing everywhere.

She was kneeling at the low table of the room, her hair pulled back from the rigid band she had given her. She had a purple skirt and a white short-sleeved shirt. The one time he didn't shut her up, the weeding ivy, he confessed his love for him, and she knew he'd had enough of statements! Why did he ruin it?

I really love you, Sasuke.

The demon woman was supposed to be the last person she wanted to see after what she had said and instead the next day, Sasuke found himself in the woods training her and then walking out of Konoha again with her as if nothing had happened. Sasuke felt blocked by all of the ivy tangles and was there to meditate and meditate, risking becoming completely mad.

Stared at her with a gloomy expression, thinking he hated that sun that made his features shine, showing him the ivy as it came out of one of those fairy tales that he always read, hated his perfect face, as a delicate doll, hated that small and elegantly straight nose, He hated those long, flowing hair full of many shades of blue, he hated that scent that spread all over his house.

He noticed colors on the table and watched her dip the brush in the blue watercolor before tracing it in the background, he was calm his movement, she seemed almost not there, the next moment he saw her take a tissue of paper to remove some blue and create some clouds. Leaning against the wall with his arms crossed, he let out a sigh that freed some of the tension he felt inside.

- You woke up - she said to him in her usual soft tone. - I cooked you something while you slept. -

He didn't answer her. He was not hungry as soon as he woke up and wanted to investigate more on that new side, he had never seen her painting, even if perhaps it was not surprising; the ivy as noble had been educated to know a little about everything.

Hinata wet the brush in the water. The air had cooled slightly, it had been almost a month since that statement, it was the second week of September and still hesitated?

My path leads to darkness.

If you want me by your side, I'll walk with you, Sasuke.

The words she had said to him often returned in his thoughts, blowing something heavy from his chest and lightening him, what had he done to him?

- How are the colors you bought the other day? - he asked cold.

- Better than I would have found here in Konoha - she said. - I haven't painted in years, now I can do it because I see something beautiful again thanks to you - she declared convinced.

Everything looked more beautiful next to him than it was dark like a sky without stars. Sasuke didn't understand her.

- If it comes out well we hang it on the wall behind the sofa? - she asked softly. - At least it will enrich this huge room with some color. -

He moved his eyebrows. How he hated that singing voice combined with those huge eyes that now looked at him waiting, making him want to bite his tongue for the bad answer he wanted to give her. Overcome by his poison and yet another demonic spell, he found himself nodding.