Chapter 42

~ Ryder's P.O.V ~

"I want you all to leave." I whispered trying to choke down my cries.

Tears ran down my face but I knew this was the only way to keep them safe. I can't let them get hurt because of me. I know I'm going to end up feeling like Shit but I don't care, I'd do anything to keep them safe, even if it means putting my own life in danger. I wish I would have never answered that phone call.......

*flashback*

"I choose....." I was Cut off by the sound of my phone ringing. I pulled it out to see who was calling but it only said 'unknown caller' I raised an eyebrow in confusion before speaking again "give me a second." I quickly excused myself and walked into the bathroom and answered the phone.

"Hello, who's calling?" I said trying to sound as polite as possible.

"Hey, Ry." My heart felt as if it stopped beating when I heard Ashton's voice come through the phone

"What do you want?" I whispered into the phone

"I just wanted to say hi and that I'm coming back for you." Ashton casually stated as if it was the most normal thing in the world

"No one is going to let you get to me." I confidently stated. I heard Ashton let out a sinister chuckle before speaking

"If you haven't realized by now that no one can keep you away from me, then I feel bad for you baby girl. If anyone tries to keep you away from me I will kill them, and make you watch. Oh and I suggest you break up with all of them, it would be pointless for you to choose." He said causing my eyes to go wide.

"H-How did you know I had to choose" I said completely shocked

"It doesn't matter, get them all out by 12:00pm or else I'll kill them." With that Ashton hung up leaving me completely shocked and more confused than before

*end of flashback*

"WHAT?" Everyone said in unison. Their eyes held a mixture of hurt and confusion. It hurt me to see them like this but there was nothing I could do. I have to let them go, they can't stay here without their lives being in danger.

"I want you all to move out. You have until 12:00, no later." I said walking out the back door and sitting down on the porch. Tears were rushing down my face, I guess this is my punishment for being so selfish and inconsiderate of how everyone else felt. I can't stop thinking about how different everything would have been if I never slept with Ashton. Adam would still be here, I wouldn't be pregnant, and I would be happy with the people that I care about.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of someone walking up behind me. I looked back to see Ed standing behind me with a look that was filled with pity. I gave him a forced smile before turning my attention to honey who was running around and chasing her tail.

"Do you mind if I sit?" Ed awkwardly asked.

"Not at all." I whispered. Ed took a seat right next to me and took a deep breath before taking a quick glimpse in my direction. We were silent for a while until Ed finally spoke.

"I know you don't know me that well but would you like to talk about it?" I raised an eyebrow trying to look as if I didn't know what he was talking about

"Talk about what?" My voice came out raspy from all the crying I've been doing.

"I know I don't know you that well but I can tell that you're hiding something. The others are too caught up in their own problems and feelings to see it but I see it. If you don't want to talk about it then I understand but if you do I'm here to listen." He said giving me a friendly smile