Part 62: The Ex Factor

A/N:

Good lord it's been way to long and if I still have any readers I can't thank you enough. I have no idea how you put up with me.

😘

The next few weeks were nothing short of tumultuous. Brandi was set to be arraigned and presumably released on bond which, to everyone's astonishment, Nikki actually considered posting— even after on more than several occasions proclaiming 'that woman would never get another dime from him'. 

While it wasn't exactly something he was excited to do, he knew it was ultimately the best thing for his kids.

But then the judge dropped a bombshell by denying bail and keeping Brandi locked up until she could be extradited to Australia for a trial.

And to the surprise of absolutely no one, Donna attempted to use Brandi's arrest as yet another excuse to keep Frankie from Nikki and had her lawyer call for an emergency custody hearing.

"She's making Brandi seem sensible. Brandi, Ashten. You know, the one in jail?  Brandi!" Nikki growled through the phone while Ashten searched through a rack of semi-formal dresses. He'd called right after court to check in and to inform her that his high powered legal team shut Donna's ludacris request down with little to no effort and life could go on as usual.

Well, as normal as could be. At Tommy's insistence, the Sixx kids moved into the Lee compound with their father and once the initial pandemonium of getting everyone situated and settled lapsed, it was business as usual. While Nikki and Tommy resumed work on press and promoting the new album, designing the tour, as well as other side projects –including appearances at DJ-ing shows for Tommy and a new book for Nikki—Stella and Ashten pitched in some extra muscle to balance the schedules and household affairs.

One of the more enjoyable of those tasks included taking Storm shopping to get a dress for the winter formal. Hence, Ashten standing outside of a Nordstrom's dressing room talking to Nikki on her cell while the teen changed back into her clothes.

"Who?" She responded, sarcastically, his flare for the dramatic making her smile.

"Smartass." Nikki muttered, the phone crackling from the drag of a cigarette. "How's the shopping going? You two on Rodeo Drive spending all of my money?"

"Fabulously. We found the cutest dress," Ashten proudly announced, side-stepping the financial inquiry.

"Nothing too short, right?"

"Nah. Just short enough."

"Enough for what?"

"Enough to make her date forget his name." She grinned at Storm as she emerged from the changing room and held up the newly selected tea length garment. 

"For the sake of whats left of my sanity, I'm going to assume you are fucking with me," Nikki responded with an audible wince. "What about you? Find anything?"

"Undecided. Any suggestions?"

Not only was the album release party for Saints of Los Angeles set to take place in a few weeks, but there was also a benefit for Covenant House coming up. Ashten figured since they were shopping for Storm she could kill two birds and look for an outfit for herself.  After searching several shops, the dance dress was handled but she had yet to find anything she considered suitable for the party. Not that she had any clue what the attire for an album release soiree included.

He chuckled, "Yeah. Something short enough to make me forget my name."

"Oh, so it's ok for you to be a pig, but not her date? Hypocrite."