Part 55: St. Nikki, Part 2

A/N Long chapter just because you had to wait so long 🥰

"This is a nightmare," Ashten muttered after looking at herself in what was the fourth outfit she'd tried on. Huffing, she yanked off the blouse and denim skirt she'd picked out and tossed them on the bed with the rest of the rejected garments. Red, although festive and very Christmas Eve-ish, just didn't feel right.

Not that any color felt right, otherwise she'd have made a decision already. To be fair, it wasn't completely her fault. Despite her multiple pleas, Nikki'd refused to tell her where they were going. All he said was that dressing up was not required and that he was wearing jeans.

Big fucking help. You always wear jeans.

She'd practically snarled at his text message.

How was she to dress accordingly for an unknown destination?

Getting ready for a date with Nikki proved to be more of a challenge than expected and turned her into a walking disaster. So far she'd spilled make up all over the bathroom, poked herself on the eye with a mascara wand, and burned multiple fingers with her curling iron.

Taking a breath she sat down on the edge of her bed to try and pull it together while rubbing her clammy palms on her knees.

Calm down, you hot freaking mess. He's only a boy.

Her hands trembled slightly from how anxious she suddenly felt. She wanted to see Nikki, spend time with him, but she was scared shitless.

And scared shitless was not something she often did.

She couldn't understand why she was so flustered at the idea of a date with a man who'd seen her naked a hundred times. Who'd fucked her so hard she literally couldn't walk straight the next day.

Maybe because there was a lot riding in this date. Like our entire future.

No pressure, though.

She wondered if he was feeling the same way.

Glancing at her phone, she briefly considered calling Tommy and/or Stella to help her decide what to wear but quickly nixed the idea. They didn't know she and Nikki were going out and something in her wanted it to stay that way. Somehow it helped ease some of the pressure.

Plus, this was theirs. Hers and Nikki's. And it seemed too intimate to share. 

Because their entire future depended on it.

Yeah, no fucking pressure.

Fed up with herself, Ashten let out a loud groan of frustration and pushed herself off the bed. With all the determination she could muster she marched over to her closet insistent upon getting dressed.

He's only a boy.

Finally, after a few more moments of hemming and hawing she pulled on a simple black scoop neck Henley top and paired it with the pair of chocolate brown Ralph Lauren suede pants she picked up at Saks and had yet to wear.

Now is as good a time as any.

She laced up the tie front pants and then popped the top two buttons of her shirt to show a teasing amount of cleavage. Luckily she'd kept her make up neutral and didn't have to make any adjustments to her eye shadow or lip gloss. To avoid any further possible disasters, Ashten opted to just leave her hair loose and ran a brush through the her tresses one last time.

Ashten squared her shoulders and gave herself a once over in the mirror. She nodded in approval with confidence renewed.

He's just a boy.