Part 52: Warren

A/N

Ok so I'm still bad about updating but I'm getting a LITTLE faster. Thanks for hanging with me (if you still are). Comments and feedback are my life.

😘

DJ was right in his review of The Mad Hatter. It was a very interesting place with quite the chill vibe provided by the Alice in Wonderland theme they had going on.  It was a large space split up into three levels each with different rooms serving various purposes. Dancing and live music was reserved for the The Rabbit Hole Room.  Pool tables, dart boards, and big screens TVs for sporting events could be found upstairs in The Queen of Hearts Game Room. Smoking was reserved for the rooftop bar area called the Caterpillar Hookah Lounge.

The ladies spent most of their time dancing but were currently taking a break in the main bar which had been dubbed The Mad Tea Party. It was probably the most laid back spot in the place. Music played just loud enough to hear but not keep anyone from having an audible conversation. The colorful cocktails were flowing courtesy of Zoe; the cute as a button, petite, caramel skinned bartender with bubble gum pink streaks running through her honey brown hair.

"You ladies ready for another round?" Zoe smiled and asked as the trio approached the bar for a break.

"Ya'll want another one?" Ashten asked with a slight twang.  Thanks to a cocktail tasting deliciously close to a cherry lime-aid, she had consumed just enough liquor to draw out her inner southern belle. 

"Yeah," Stella tied her hair up in a messy ponytail tail to cool off a little from her recent turn on the dance floor.

"Why not?" Jozie nodded which sent Zoe off to make their drinks.

Ashten let out a sigh of relief as she hopped up on a chair  to give her feet a break. "I hate to even say this but I'm thinking these boots were a mistake. Definitely not dance friendly."

"Just need to be broken in." Stella shrugged and took a seat next to her, eyeballing the black suede adorning Ashten's feet. "And who cares if they feel like torture? They're pretty."

"And pinky toes are overrated," Jozie added, standing behind the other two.

"True," She nodded in thanks and smiled at their new favorite bartender when a fresh drink was placed in front of her. Ashten watched thoughtfully before turning in her seat to talk to her friends. "She is the cutest. You know who'd she be perfect for?"

"Tommy?" Jozie sipped her drink.

Ashten hummed around her straw.  "Actually, yeah. But I was really thinking DJ." 

"I don't see it," Stella chimed in, her eyes and thumbs glued to her phone.

"Can't imagine why not," Jozie exchanged a knowing look with Ashten. It was no secret that Stella had a thing for the guitarist.

"That wouldn't be who you've been texting with all night, would it?" Ashten cocked her eyebrow curiously.

"Hardly," Stella snorted and put down her phone. "DJ has no idea I even exist."

"I doubt that's true." Ashten wasn't completely confident in her statement. As much as she loved him, DJ could be frustratingly oblivious when it came to the opposite sex.

"Give it a shot. Red's a good color on him," Jozie tugged a strand of Stella's long locks.

"Yeah," Asthen agreed. "What's the worst that could happen?"

"I don't know.  We could date and Tommy could snoop around in DJ's laptop and find dirty pictures of us doing the deed?" Stella grinned at the death Ashten glare shot her. "What? Too soon?"