Part 27: Nikki Fuckin Sixx

A/N:  Again, thanks for the comments and votes.  You guys are awesome and you keep me motivated.  This chapter is SMUTTY :)

Ashten's POV

"Ready to go?" Stella leaned against my bathroom door frame waiting for me so we could head to the Hollywood Bowl. It was finally opening night for this half of the tour and she was coming with me to see the spectacle.

"Almost." I rubbed my lips together after applying a fresh coat of sheer lip gloss. Then I gave myself a once over in the bathroom mirror. It was hot outside and was probably going to be hot in the venue as well so when I dressed I went with a short, black, tube top dress. The skirt flared out just a bit and hit me right above the mid-thigh, allowing the lightweight material to breathe very well. After finishing my eye makeup, I put my hair up in a teased, messy ponytail and passed by Stella to grab my shoes from my bedroom.

"Nice shoes," she commented as I slid on my black suede Prada platform sandals and hooked the strap across my ankle. "Planning on letting Mr. Sixx hoist those in the air tonight?"

"Yeah, if I can get away from Tommy." Nikki had spent the last few days packing and spending time with his kids while Tommy had me running all over creation to get him prepared for the road. During that time, our relationship was conducted mostly via text message and I hadn't seen him at all. "Right now I will settle for making it there before sound check. Let's go."

"Ever been backstage at a Crüe show?" Stella shut my front door behind her as we made our way to the driveway.

"No."

"There's a reason Tommy's dressing room is always the furthest away from everyone else's. He's loud as fuck and always has a shit load of people partying with him. Trust me, he isn't going to notice if you are gone."

"Fair enough." By some miracle of God, Tommy was packed and ready for the first show. Actually, fuck that. It wasn't God. It was me. ME. I did that. And most everything was done but I still needed to make sure Tommy's dressing room was set up via his tour rider instructions. That meant I had to get there before him and I was already running late. Which was completely his fault. Lucky for me, Tommy was notorious for being late and since he was later than me, I suppose that meant I was early. Or something like that.

Anyway, we made it and I had just finished checking everything in his dressing room when Tommy texted to let me know he had arrived and was going straight to sound check. Then he and Nikki had to do an interview with KROQ who was broadcasting live from backstage. After that, they had a meet and greet and then it was show time. I already knew all of this but I guess he needed to tell me again just so HE wouldn't forget.

We had some time to kill so Stella and I each grabbed a Corona from Tommy's mini fridge and decided to go watch sound check. We took seats in the very last row of the Terrace Box section, which put us in the dead center of the venue. I sat back in my chair and propped my feet up on the seat in front of me, crossing my ankles and taking in the scenery. The Hollywood Bowl is a huge outdoor amphitheater and holds roughly 17,500 people. The show for tonight was sold out but the gates were not set to open for another two hours so the whole place was completely empty with the exception of the crew. I didn't even see any groupies yet.

I have never really understood the groupie thing. As someone who studied psychology, I know it is all mostly about being with someone who yields a certain amount of power. Women, by nature, like to be with powerful men. Rock stars are typically rich and powerful. That makes sense to me. I do also get that a man holding a guitar or a bass, or singing into a microphone automatically gets a few more extra points on the sexiness scorecard. All that said, I never understood why any self-respecting woman would drop her drawers for a random stranger just because he was in a band. It was just bizarre to me.