Part 9: Hell on High Heels

Part 9: In which all hell breaks loose....again.

Ashten's POV

"So, anyway, when they offered me a shot to move to LA and have my own show, I just had to jump at the chance."

Kat Von D. Holy shit! Where do I begin? I couldn't take it anymore so I just started tuning it out. The girl had not stopped talking since the moment I met her. Correction. She had not stopped talking about HERSELF. Me, Stella, Tommy, Nikki, and Kat were all sitting at one of tables just hanging out while the rest of the party goers were doing whatever. Well, actually, the rest of us were just sitting there drinking while Kat talked about her show and how great she is. Even Nikki looked bored.

"What about you?" Kat looked at me from across the table.

"What?" I snapped back to attention. Apparently, we were all now allowed to speak.

"I'm guessing you don't have any tattoos."

I decided to keep things casual that night since it was warm and we would be outside. So while I dressed, I went with a simple black flowy v-neck tank and a distressed denim skirt. I looked down at my bare arms and legs then looked at Kat and smiled. "None you can see with my clothes on."

Nikki, who had been sipping on his drink, suddenly began to cough.

Kat looked over at him quickly. "You alright, babe?"

Nikki got control of himself and nodded. "Yeah. Wrong pipe."

Tommy, who was seated at my left, immediately scooted his chair closer to mine and put his arm around my shoulders. "Tell me more about this tattoo."

We all started laughing, with the exception of Sixx, and it was pretty safe to say that we were all approaching the giggle mode phase of intoxication. I looked at my now empty glass and stood up. "On that note, I'm ready for another."

"I'll join you," Tommy stood up as well.

"Me too," Stella stood up as well, obviously looking for an excuse to leave the table.

Tommy put his arms around both of us and guided us towards the bar. We made it about five feet before we all burst into laughter. "Dude, what the FUCK?! Could she be more annoying?" Tommy said just loud enough for me and Stella to hear.

"I know, right?" Stella answered as I just snorted.

We made it to the bar and Tommy left me to pour the drinks while he went for a pee break. I started filling our glasses with the mixture of orange vodka, red bull, and cranberry juice. I handed Stella her drink and we waited for Tommy to get back.

"So," Stella began. She hadn't really said anything about finding Nikki and I in the closet earlier that day. But I knew it was coming. "Not hot for him, huh?"

I rolled my eyes. "Not that I have to defend myself to you, but no. He was just hugging me because I agreed to let Storm stay with me so they could have some breathing room. That's all. No need to make a big deal out of it."

Stella sighed and shook her head. "That's what I love about you, Ashten. You can talk yourself into anything."

"Cute," I said, returning the liquor bottles to their appropriate spots. "So, what do you think about Little Miss Tattoo?"

Stella made a face like she had just tasted sour milk. "She reminds me of something that just crawled out of the sewer."

I giggled. "Kind of like Swamp thing?"

"More like Swamp Bitch." Stella replied, which sent us both into another fit of giggles.

"What's so funny?" Some blonde guy I didn't know joined us at the bar.

"Just making fun of Kat," Stella replied. "Hey James, how's it going?" Apparently, she knew him.

"Not bad. Tommy sent me over here to find someone named Ashten. He said she could hook me up with a drink," James replied and smiled. I instantly liked him. He was pretty hot, too. I felt like I knew him from somewhere but couldn't quite place it.

"That would be me," I replied.

"Hi, Ashten, I'm James Michael," he said, smiling and extending his hand to me.

It was at that moment I realized I was talking to James Michael of SIXX AM. "Oh you're THAT James Michael." I took his hand and shook it. "I like your voice."

"I like your smile," he replied, smiling back at me.

I felt myself start to blush a little bit and I hadn't realized it, but Stella had wandered off to talk to someone, leaving me and James standing there looking at each other. "So, what would you like?"

"Hmm," he looked at me, contemplating his answer. "I'll start with a drink. Whatever you're having looks good."

"Alright," I quickly mixed him a California Car Bomb shooter and handed it to him. "We have to chug these together.  It's the rule."

"You're the boss," he replied, clinking my glass with his. We both threw our drinks back and slammed the glasses back onto the bar. "That was fucking good! Where did you learn how to make that?"

"I bar tended my way through college," I replied. "Another one?"

Nikki's POV

When everybody got up to go to the bar, Kat excused herself to find the bathroom, and all I could feel was relief. I know she was my girlfriend and all, but even I get tired of hearing her talk CONSTANTLY. I was also feeling some extreme guilt because I couldn't keep my eyes off of Ashten. I don't know what the hell my problem was. I also don't know what the fuck I was thinking while we were standing in the closet. I never should have touched her. It just made everything worse.

I felt someone slap their hand on my shoulder and turned to see DJ Ashba standing over me. "Sixx, what the fuck are you doing sitting here by yourself?"

"Nothing, bro, everyone else is making the rounds. What's up?"

"Not much. We just got here," he sat down in the chair next to me, sipping on his beer.

"We?"

"Yeah, me and James. He was on his way over here but he ran into this really hot chick and he's been talking to her for a while. You know how it is," DJ replied.

"Don't we all," Tommy sat down on my other side. "Look at your boy over there, already scoping out the goods." Tommy pointed over to the bar and I turned to see that "the goods" was Ashten.

I felt the hair stand up on the back of my neck and my heart began to pound. For the rest of the night, I watched them. I watched them while I walked around and had conversations with other people. I kept a smile on my face all the while feeling this unbelievable rage. I watched them talk as if they had known each other their entire lives. I watched her smile and laugh with him. I watched him put his hand on the small of her back and guide her to a table where they sat and continued to talk. It must have been hours.

Eventually, James got up and went off somewhere. Probably to the bathroom. That's when I decided enough was enough. I was about ten feet away from Ashten when, of course, James appeared out of nowhere and stood directly beside her. They were both all smiles when I approached them. Fucking gross.

"Sixx, what the fuck?! Where you been hiding all night?!"

He put his arm around my shoulder and I briefly contemplated ripping it off and beating him to death with it. Or, maybe strangling him. Of course there was a pool just a few feet away. I could've just as easily held his head under the water. But, then I would have to find a new lead singer to go out on tour with us when The Heroin Diaries Soundtrack came out in just a few months. Not to mention that I would have to explain to Kat why I was trying to kill James. No. Violence was not the way in this situation. No, I would take care of this another way.

"Nowhere, man, just hanging out. What about you?" I did the best I could to keep it cool.

"I'm on my way out. I have to be in the studio early tomorrow to finish up some things," he replied, finishing up his drink.

"That sucks," I replied. THANK FUCK!! HE'S LEAVING! HE'S NOT GOING TO FUCK HER! It was all I could do to keep myself from turning a cartwheel. "Sorry I didn't get a chance to hang with you."

"Don't be sorry. If I'd had to hang out with your ugly ass all night I wouldn't have gotten to talk to this pretty lady," James smiled and put his arm around Ashten, who was fishing her cell phone out of her pocket. It looked like someone was texting her.

"That's true," she smiled and checked her phone. Her smile quickly morphed into a puzzled look. She looked up at me and smiled, then hooked her arm through his. "James, why don't I walk you to your car?"

"Sounds good. Later, Sixx."

"Later," I replied, very satisfied with the way things were turning out as I watched them make their way through the crowd.

Ashten wasn't going home with him and he wasn't staying over.

Life was good.