Part 8: A Brewing Storm

Part 8:  In which our heroine lends a hand.....

Tommy's POV

"Bro, who do you think she's yelling at?" I asked Nikki after a spoon full of Lucky Charms.

"My money would be on the caterer," he replied inhaling a mouth full of cereal. "But if I were her, I'd be yelling at your dumb ass."

"She already has.  A few times," I replied. It was very early on a Friday morning and Nikki and me were sitting at the kitchen table having breakfast. We were also watching Ashten, who was on her phone out by the pool, giving someone some serious hell. I don't know who was on the other end but she did NOT look happy as she paced around in her yoga pants and racer back tank. I guess she had just finished working out. I don't know how the girl had time to do anything in the past few days considering all the running around she had been doing for me.

Stella came into the room, her arms wrapped around a basket full of dirty laundry. She paused to look out the patio doors. Ashten, who had now switched to her ear piece, was standing with her hands on her hips and tapping her foot against the pavement.

"You are a real piece of work," she commented, swatting at me one of my dingy socks.

"Me?"

"Yeah, YOU. Who else would throw a party for his assistant's birthday and then make her plan the whole thing?"

Ok, so maybe this was all my fault. On Monday I'd found out that Ashten's birthday was that coming weekend and since it was the same weekend as St. Patrick's Day I figured it was the perfect excuse for a rager at the House of Lee. And I wanted to do it right. I wanted a DJ, plenty of killer food, and all of the liquor I could get my hands on. The only problem is, everything in LA is booked up months in advanced and I wanted this thing to happen in just a few days. I needed to book someone to make food, spin some records, and come up with enough booze to get everyone I knew wasted. And I needed to make it happen in just a few days. Basically, I needed to make the impossible, possible. So, I did what any rock star would do. I made my assistant do all the planning.

For the past two days, Ashten had been calling all over the LA area looking for an available DJ, trying to find a caterer on extremely short notice, making sure security was beefed up, and trying to coordinate the keg delivery. I think she was ready to kill me in my sleep.

So anyway, it was the morning of the party and Sixx and I were watching Ashten go ape shit on whoever the poor bastard was on the other end of her phone. Finally, she ended the call, grabbed her planner off the patio table, and stormed through the patio door.

"Happy Birth....." I started to say and she simply held her hand up and stopped me.

"Nope," she warned as she grabbed a cup of coffee and pulled herself to a seated position on the kitchen island. The look on her face said to me that she was completely over the whole thing. "You don't get to wish me a happy birthday and I hate to break it to you, Mr. "I'm Tommy fucking Lee and I can get whatever I want", but there is not an available caterer from here to San Francisco. So you are just going to have to deal with the fact that you are going to have to fire up that humongous ass man grill you have out there, and slap some meat on it."

I snorted with laughter and looked over at Nikki in full Beavis and Butthead style. "Dude, she said I have to slap some meat on it."

"Shut up," she sipped her coffee. "I will go to the store and get everything we need as far as food. My question is how many people do you expect?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe fifty. Maybe a hundred." I looked over at Sixx. "How many peeps did you invite?"

"Not many," he replied. "I just told DJ and James."