Part 19: Piece of Your Action

ASHTEN's POV

"Uh....." Stella cleared her throat while looking back and forth between Nikki and me. Obviously feeling the intense tension, she attempted her escape. "I'm just gonna leave.  Abruptly.  For no reason whatsoever."

"Good idea," Nikki said, not tearing his eyes away from me.

I narrowed mine at him and felt myself begin to sneer. "No."

Stella's eyes widened. "Ash, really, I should go."

My heart began to pound as I felt the rage serge through my veins. I snapped my eyes to her. "There is nothing I'm gonna say to him that I can't say in front of you and I'm not feeling too fucking shy right now."

"Stella, would you just go for fuck's sake?" Nikki closed his eyes in frustration and ran his hands through his hair.

"Don't yell at her!" I growled at him.

"I'm not yelling at her! I'm just want some damn privacy!"

I raised my eyebrows. "Oh, well in that case, you can have all the privacy you want. Choke on it," I spat as I stomped out of the kitchen and made my way towards my bedroom. Nikki was right on my heels.

"I don't want to talk to you," I announced as I entered my room. I gripped one of the bed posts and bent down to remove my shoes.

"I don't give a shit," he declared, invading my space and slamming the door behind him, "you're going to."

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I shouted as I lobbed my left platform pump at his head. Unfortunately, he ducked in time to miss it. So, I chucked the right one, too. Bulls eye. Right in the gut.

"Ow, FUCK!," Nikki whined, doubled over. "Why the hell are you throwing shoes?!"

"Because I don't have a gun!"

"Oh please," Nikki rolled his eyes, still holding his stomach. "It's not that bad."

"It's not that bad," I mimicked. "Really?! You told your best friend to dump me and it's not that bad?!"

"It's not like that," Nikki defended

I sucked in a breath and sat down on the edge of my bed, resting my feet on the frame. I glared at him and lowered my voice which took on a poisonous tone. "Then why don't you tell me what it IS like?  Why the fuck would you do something like that?"

"Because I want you, ok?!" Nikki bellowed at me, his voice full of rage and emotion. "I've ALWAYS fucking wanted you!"

I raised my eyebrows and my heart began to pound in my chest.  It wasn't the worst thing anyone had ever said to me. On the contrary, it was pretty wonderful to hear, considering I felt the same way. But, it wasn't good enough. There was no excuse for his behavior. I jumped up, rage taking over again, and started to yell.

"That doesn't make it alright! You can't just fuck with my life because you have a goddamn crush!"  I fell silent again, trying to get the fire to cool down. But the realization of Nikki's manipulation was too much. "Every conversation! Every interaction! It was all bullshit!" I looked down at myself in the dress HE had arranged for me to have. I stomped into my closet, quickly pulled the dress over my head and threw it to the floor. "THIS was bullshit, too!" My breath hitched as I threw on my robe and felt tears begin to prick the back of my eyes.

NIKKI"S POV

She came out of the closet in nothing but an untied robe and a lacy black corset and panties. I had been dreaming of seeing her like this for so long and I should have enjoyed every minute of it. But, I didn't. She folded her arms across her waist and bit her lower lip, obviously battling tears. Feeling like shit, I did the only thing I could think of.  I moved in and put my arms around her.