Part 33: Thin Ice

Narrator POV

Nikki always carried a knife on him. Always. This practice began when he was just a kid in Idaho and had a fascination with his grandfather's pocketknife. He made a habit of stealing said knife from his grandparent's coffee table until Tom finally got Nikki his own. That very knife was currently tucked in Nikki's left boot and had been for many years. It had been quite some time since he'd felt the urge to pull it out and use it.

Until now.

Between Jozie, DJ, and James, Nikki was brought up to speed on Derek and his behavior towards Ashten. The Sikki Nixx in him wanted to pull the knife from its resting place and chop that fucker's hands off so he could never touch her again. That's what the old Nikki would have done without a second thought. However, he was not Sikki Nixx anymore and, as his friends at the table pointed out to him, he had a lot more to lose than he did back then. He decided, again with the persuasion of the Sixx AM boys and Jozie, to do his best to keep his temper at bay and avoid jail time.

He could do that. He could let it go. For now.

That was until Nikki found himself in the lobby waiting to catch the elevator to the ninth floor. As he stood, he looked to his left when he heard a familiar voice approaching.

Derek was on his cell talking to god knows who about how Tommy's unbelievably hot assistant was practically begging to ride his cock.

Nikki's blood boiled and as the bell for the elevator signaled its arrival, he grabbed Derek by the back of his neck and threw him through the open doors. Nikki followed and quickly pressed the close door button so no one else could join in on this little chat he intended to have. Derek stumbled into the elevator, bracing himself on the back wall in order to stay on his feet. As he did, Nikki removed the phone from Derek's hand and spoke into the mouthpiece.

"He'll call you back," He growled into the phone and threw it to the ground.

Derek turned to face Nikki, glowering. "What the fuck, man?!"

"Apparently, I didn't make myself clear. You don't get to talk about Ashten like that." Nikki growled through gritted teeth as he moved closer to Derek.

"Oh yeah?" Derek attempted to act nonchalant. "Why is that?"

"She doesn't belong to you."

"She a band whore?"

"No, she's got a boyfriend." Nikki spat. "And like Tommy said, she's a good girl. Someone we both love and respect. "

"How touching." Derek scoffed.

Nikki's mouth curved into something between a sneer and a sickening smile. His voice was low but still dripping with intimidation as he stepped closer to Derek, grabbing him by the neck and slamming him into the wall. "You've been running your mouth a lot. Said many nasty things about her and put your hands on her when you haven't been invited. See, when you do things like that you imply something ABOUT her. You imply that she is the kind of girl who welcomes and deserves that kind of treatment. Frankly, you seem to think its ok to disrespect her, AND the man in her life, which is something I just don't care for at all. Now, I don't think you MEANT to do that. So, I'm gonna let it go. Once." Nikki held his index finger up for emphasis as his hand still gripped Derek's throat.

"Once," Derek lips curved to a sarcastic smile as he tried to seem unfazed.

"Once. Stay away from her." Nikki stared daggers. "Don't look at her, don't talk to her, and don't even think about her."

"Isn't that her decision to make?"

"She already has. She's decided you make her sick."

"Doesn't seem like it. She was all over my dick last night." Derek smirked, trying to make Nikki think he wasn't afraid of him.