Part 64: Impromptu Debut

"Are you nervous?"

Ashten secured a stray dark curl to Storm's head with a bobby pin.

"No, not really. I've been to dances before. I was really more nervous about how my hair would turn out." She looked at her reflection with relief.

A few nights before, on a whim, she'd decided to change her hair color to a darker chocolate brown and mixed in some mahogany highlights.

"It looks fantastic," Ashten assured while they put the finishing touches on the partial updo, loving how the style showed off the colors beautifully. The mix of the dark shades paired with the black formal dress gave her a very classic Natalie Wood-esque vibe.

"Yeah?"

"Absolutely. If I were you I'd be way more concerned about what your father is saying to your date right now."

The two were at Ashten's place getting ready for their respective engagements when they saw Storm's date arrive. Horrifically, but to the surprise of absolutely no one, the Terror Twins answered the door as a team and yanked the unsuspecting boy into the house.

It'd been fifteen minutes and he hadn't been seen since.

"I'm trying not to think about it. He and Tommy are going to embarrass me, aren't they?

"Think you can pretty much count on that. Have you seen Bad Boys 2?"

Ashten kept it to herself, but in her head all she could see was the scene when the boy came to the door to pick up one of the main character's daughters for her first date. She wouldn't put it past Tommy and Nikki to scare the ever-loving crap out of the kid in much the same way Martin Lawrence and Will Smith did in the film.

"No?" Storm gave her an odd look.

"Good."

"Oh-kay," Storm replied as she zipped Ashten into a simple, but very elegant wine colored cocktail dress. Spaghetti straps held up the velvet material and the v-neck dipped into a form fitting bodice before flaring out into a skirt that hit her a few inches above the knee.

"I forget. Where are you and Dad and everyone going tonight?"

"It's the Covenant House benefit at The Viper Room. Apparently, word has gotten around and anyone who is anyone will be there," she joked in a snooty tone.

Storm's widened to nearly twice their size.

"Johnny Depp's place?"

"Yep."

"Shut up! Is he going to be there?!"

"I'm not sure."

Ashten had wondered the same thing, and was secretly thrilled at the possibility of running into the drop dead gorgeous life-long love of her life—besides Mr. Sixx, of course. At the same time, she was terrified she'd turn into a drooling imbecile if they did meet and she actually had to attempt to function like an adult.

And what if he talked to her?

"I love him. Him and Jake Gyllenhaal. Oh! And Adam Levine. So freakin' hot." Storm declared, nearly swooning.

"True." Ashten smirked while clasping her strappy back heels around her ankle. "Got a thing for older men, do ya?"

"Maybe," Storm chided, the Cheshire Cat grin on her face dripping with purely inherited Sixx-ness. "Like you're one to talk."

Ashten pursed her lips and blanched as she heard Stella enter the house, her heels clacking down the hallway towards them.

"Maybe so, but take a number. I've loved Johnny Depp since the 21 Jump Street days."