"What are we?"

Saiki ; "If only Y/N and I could talk to each other without having everyone on our ass...But I guess it's for the better. If we talked 24/7, people would assume we were dating."

Class was normal, surprisingly things had died down for Y/N. People didn't crowd her like they used to, they just admired her from afar. Teruhashi was falling down a slippery slope, she did everything she could to get validation from her classmates. Saiki hadn't been to focused on her lately, her thoughts were annoying to hear....Listening to her vile thoughts about Y/N made him despise her even more. Unfortunately for Saiki, he'd got caught by Teruhashi in the halls...

Saiki ; "Damn...I'm cornered." 

Teruhashi ; "Hi Saiki! Have you been okay?"

Saiki ; "I've been fine."

Teruhashi ; "You sure have been spending a lot of time with the new girl..."

Saiki ; "She's been here for over a month, she's not new."

Teruhashi ; "Haha! I guess so!"

Saiki ; "What do you want Teruhashi?" 

Teruhashi ; "W-Well...I just wanted to know what you thought about her." 

Saiki ; "She's...good."

Teruhashi ; "Do you think she's pretty?"

Saiki ; "Yeah I do. I've never seen someone as beautiful as her." 

Teruhashi was about to snap, but luckily Y/N saw Saiki and came running over...Teruhashi suppressed her thoughts and put on a fake smile for Y/N. As soon as Y/N came over, Saiki put his arm around her and looked at Teruhashi...Hoping this'd get her to leave him alone.

Y/N ; "Hi Saiki! Hello Teruhashi."

Teruhashi ; "Haha...Saiki you have your arm wrapped around her haha....Are you guys a couple?"

Saiki looked at Y/N, and she stared back at him...He placed his finger over his lips with a smirk. Saiki knew toying with Teruhashi was wrong, but she deserved it. Unlike her, Y/N was a genuine person. Y/N kept quiet...

Saiki ; "So what if we are? Is that any of your business? I don't think so. Why are you concerned about what's going on between me and her."

Y/N ; "Saiki...Don't be so mean." 

Saiki ; "Shut up. Answer me Teruhashi, be honest. If there's anything you need to say to either of us say it right now. I'm giving you the opportunity, aren't I?"

Teruhashi ; "I-...I was just curious."

Saiki ; "Curiosity killed the cat, keep to yourself."

Saiki gave her an annoyed look before walking away with his arm still wrapped around Y/N. He was glad he handled that the way he did. Finally, Teruhashi would stop chasing after him...Y/N really didn't think she deserved it...Of course she didn't though, she was kindhearted.

Y/N ; "Saiki that was to mean, what if she really was just curious."

Saiki ; "I've heard what she thinks about you, and the people around her. I trust that you won't tell anyone Y/N but I hate people like her. She thinks just because she's pretty, the world revolves around her...And it did, until you showed up."

Y/N ; "I don't quite understand."

Saiki ; "It's fine if you don't, let's just hurry and get to class before lunch is over."

Y/N ; "Saiki let's stop for a moment...I wanna know..."

Saiki ; "Wanna know what?"

Y/N ; "What are we?"

Saiki stopped...he didn't know how to answer her question, because he wasn't ready to accept the fact that he had feelings for her. He stayed silent.

Y/N ; "Am I your friend? I wanna hear you say it." 

Saiki ; "Why did I think she was going to confess...Good grief."

Saiki ; "Why?"

Y/N ; "Well, it'd put me at ease."

Saiki ; "You're my friend Y/N."

Y/N ; "I'm glad. I really am."

Saiki ; "I know."

Saiki took his arm off of Y/N and smiled at her...They walked to class together and continued on with their day. Saiki could hear Y/N's thoughts...She really liked him, but promised she'd never confess. Which made this a lot more harder for Saiki...

Saiki ; "If she doesn't confess...Shit, I'm not gonna confess to her...Tch...Never, I don't even like her like that."

🧢