"Marriage"

A couple of weeks had passed since the drama involving Y/N. Things seemed to go back to normal for the most part. Kaidou and Nendo ended up coming to Saiki's house unexpectedly, as usual. They sat up in his room conversing about whatever came to mind. Saiki sat quietly, hoping that they'd leave as quickly as possible. 

Nendo ; "Hey...have either of you thought about getting married...and who you might marry?"

Kaidou ; "Wh-Why would I think about that? The dark reunion-"

Nendo ; "Seriously, Kaido. Getting married, growing old, having kids."

Kaidou ; "...I...it crosses my mind every now and then."

Nendo ; "What about you Saiki?"

Saiki ; "Growing old and having kids isn't something I think about on a daily basis."

Kaidou ; "But getting married? Come on, I see the way you look at Y/N."

Nendo ; "If only you'd look at me that way..."

Saiki/Kaidou ; "What?"

Kaidou ; "Anyways....uhm, you love her, right?"

Saiki ; "....What are you? A relationship counselor?"

Kaidou ; "You shouldn't be ashamed to talk about-"

Saiki stood up and looked down at Kaidou...an angry expression came across his face.

Saiki ; "I'm not ashamed to talk about her. I...I just...It's complicated. I don't even know why I'm discussing this with you."

Kaidou ; "Do you love her?"

Saiki ; "Of course I do. I just don't like thinking about how things could take an unexpected turn...what if she finds someone warmer than me, someone more attractive...?"

The three of them sat in silence for a bit. Kaidou stood up and hugged Saiki, so did Nendo. The two reassured him the best way they could. Saiki could feel his eyes well up with tears...why was he suddenly feeling this way about their relationship? He never thought about these things before today...so why? Sure he could obliterate man kind with the snap of a finger, but he was still a teenage boy. 

Kaidou ; "Talk to her about it."

Nendo ; "You'd make a good marriage counselor Kaidou."

Kaidou and Nendo ended up leaving early, Saiki went to Y/N's house the next day. He was a bit nervous. He'd expressed himself to her many times before...and he almost never failed to express himself when there was a tent in his pants. He rang the doorbell hoping to see her face, but her mother answered. 

Y/N's mom ; "Kusuo...if you're here to see Y/N then you're outta luck. She's with Yumehara and Chiyo down at the shopping center."

Saiki ; "Oh. Sorry."

Y/N's mom ; "Boy...Come in. She'll be back in less than an hour."

Saiki ; "Thank you."

Saiki and Y/N's mother took a seat on the couch, she resumed her TV show and got comfortable. Saiki on the other hand was a bit stiff.

Y/N's mom ; "This nigga is weird...Y/N first boyfriend had to be a weirdo. He's helpful and all but why he sitting like that-...the way he talks is weird too."

Saiki let out a small laugh, hearing what she thought of him was kinda funny.

Y/N's mom ; "Why'd you come to see Y/N?"

Saiki ; "Just had some stuff on my mind."

Y/N's mom ; "Mmm...you wanna break up or somethin'?"

Saiki ; "Of course not...I've just missed her."

Y/N's mom ; "Lying ass. Tell me."

Saiki ; "I'm worried she might leave me for someone...better I guess."

Y/N's mom ; "Oh...baby don't even worry bout that. She emotional and clingy, and she talks about you non stop. Always talm' bout some "Momma when can Saiki come over?" "Momma we should invite Saiki over for dinner." "Momma I miss Saiki." Another guy is the last thing on her mind."

She gave him a reassuring smile and pat him on the back. Saiki's worries suddenly disappeared. He felt confident in himself.

Saiki ; "After I take my entrance exams , I'd like to...to.."

Y/N's mom ; "To...To...Go to college. That's what you should be doing."

Saiki ; "Of course I'll go to college...but after I take my entrance exams, I'm going to propose to her."

Y/N's mother gasped, she wasn't eating anything but managed to choke on something, air maybe? She sat up quickly and stared him down.

Y/N's mom ; "A-Are you sure that's what you wanna do? Y'all only been together for what...a year and some change? DON'T Y'ALL GRADUATE SOON?...Oh my god...you guys are 3rd years right now. Time is going so fast. I coulda sworn Y/N was a freshman not to long ago-..."

Saiki stared at her waiting for her to finish rambling.

Y/N's mom ; "Oh..wait are you, asking for my blessing?"

Saiki ; "Yes."

Y/N's mom ; "You're a weirdo...but you make my baby happy, if she says yes to your proposal then who am I to tell her no? This making me tear up and shit."

Saiki ; "Can you keep it a secret please?"

She nodded and smiled, Y/N came bursting through the doors not even a second later. She looked a mess...and super tired. Y/N looked upset till her eyes landed on Saiki.

Y/N ; "Saiki! Hi! I wasn't expecting to see you here...mom? You're not a work?"

Y/N's mom ; "Don't worry about my schedule. You got a guest."

Saiki ; "Hi...I just really wanted to see you."

Y/N and Saiki went to her room to talk, they hugged, kissed and talked about random entertaining things as they usually did. Saiki laid next to Y/N and took a deep breath before speaking.

Saiki ;"You know...I was worried about us. I don't know why. You know what I'm capable of...not sure if you know the extent of my powers but you know I have them. I can solve world hunger and end wars, but I'm doing something ordinary for once in my life. Worrying about something ordinary, for once in my life...well this isn't the first time I've worried about something ordinary but you know what I-"

Saiki turned over to see Y/N sleeping, he softly smiled and kissed her forehead before sitting up. It was little things like this that made him fall in love with her more and more everyday. He said goodbye to her mother before leaving. Y/N would be mad at herself later for not staying up and he knew this, so he decided to leave her a note that read, "Let's meet at the plaza tomorrow at noon".

---

pls lmk if you guys are okay with the way things are headed :)

dont have a proper update schedule, sorry about that but hope you all enjoyed

see you again soon ✰