𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘚𝘪𝘹.

Looking at my wrist, I looked at the ugly purple bruise that wrapped around it and pulled down my sleeve, cringing internally at the sight

Lately I've been looking how I felt these past couple of days.

Like absolute shit.

"Sam?" I heard from behind me and turned around to see Ashley behind me.

"Hm?" I hummed in response.

"You been really quiet these past couple of days, is everything okay?"

"I'm fine." I replied, my voice barely above a whisper.

I was just getting my voice back ever since what my landlord Mr. Johnson did to me. He had choked me so hard I barely talk the first two days.

But it's Wednesday and my throat was finally starting to feel a bit better after a couple packs of halls and endless amount of tea.

It wasn't completely healed but if I didn't yell or do too much I should be fine.

Well figuratively speaking.

Realistically speaking I was anything but fine.

My car- after doing a lot of running around to make some quick money with DoorDash or cleaning peoples houses.. I guess it became too much for my car to handle and it broke down.

It was either get it fixed of or pay my rent and I needed a roof over my head more than a car so I had to let it go unfortunately and sold the parts to the mechanic.

To be honest I really didn't wanna give up my car.. like I had it for so long but it was falling apart and it was either that or be on my ass.

Plus the money I made for it has me almost at my goal I need to have the money by.

Thankfully, I get paid this Friday so I'll make my mark for this month.

I might even have enough to get some food for the house finally, not too much but enough to last me.

Even though I was glad I had reached my mark, I didn't feel any type of happiness.

What Mr. Johnson did to me, it really triggered me and I could barely move from the bathroom the next morning- that's how bad my body hurt.

I was having trouble sleeping as it is but it's like now.. i can barely sleep and every time I do it's not for long. I sleep for about an hour or two at most.

I'm just so afraid that he'll come back and slip in while I'm sleeping or try to attack me coming in from work.

My nerves are shot to shit, I don't remember the last time I had anything concrete to eat and I'm slowly starting to lose it.

I can't keep going like this but I don't really know what else to do.

"Sam?" Ashley called my name again and I turned from the window, over to her again starting to get annoyed.