Chapter 4

“So, should we get down to business?”

It would be an understatement to say that the members were shocked. They didn’t expect hyunjin to suddenly change his friendly personality and go into a serious business mood. Some might say that hyunjin was being rude but to anyone who might not remember, Hyunjin is their CEO, not their long-lost friend who will engage in small talks at a time like this.

“I mean, sure. If you want then let’s get down to it right away.” Said chan

“Okay then. First of all sorry for the inconvenience that you might have faced with the sudden change in the management and thank you for being patient with me. Looking at the previous year's sales report, it is clear that you are one of our most well-received artists right now. I don’t have any issues with your work, so I don’t have anything specific to say to you but if you have any questions then please ask away.”

“Can I ask a question?” asked minho

“Sure, go ahead.”

“Is there going to be any changes in the company’s name? I mean everyone knows what JYP stands for but he is not the CEO anymore, so is it going to change?”

“We talked about that issue at our previous board meeting and I was allowed by the group of directors to change the name but because this company was founded by the man himself I didn’t think it would be right of me to change the name. That would be too disrespectful to him. So my answer would be NO, I am not going to change the name right now but if the need arises in the future, I will do so.”

“I am glad to hear that hyunjin,” Said minho

“I have a question. What will happen to our group? Are there any changes that are going to take place?” asked chan

“I am glad you asked that question because I wanted to talk to you about that before you leave. I know for a fact that although your group has a whole production subunit in it, Park jin young sir meddled in the production of your songs from time to time. Am I right?”

“To be honest, yes. He sometimes meddled in the production and asked us to change some things. I am not saying I hate that, but I don’t exactly like that either.” Replied chan

“Well, I can associate his behavior to him being a musician, but that is not the case with me. So from now on you three will be provided with complete autonomy over your songs. You can have as much artistic freedom as you like. The only thing I ask of is to do a good job.” Said hyunjin while motioning his hands towards the three members of the group who were more commonly known as 3racha.

Stray kids unlike many other k-pop groups wrote and produced their songs. Hyunjin was a firm believer in the artistic rights of musicians and didn’t want to unnecessarily meddle in their affairs. He believed that when trusted enough and given some power, the guys can do a great job themselves.

“Thank you for your trust. I can assure you that we all will work hard.” Said changbin while smiling from ears to ears.

“You said that you are also a board member of the KIMs enterprise, Then is our company going to be affiliated with the KIMs, or is it going to remain as a separate entity?” Asked seungmin

“No, JYP entertainment will remain as a separate entity. And when I said that I am a board member of the KIMs, I meant that I own some of the largest shares of the group. I don’t work there but I do need to join some meetings.” Replied Hyunjin

“By the way, this may be personal but can I ask a question?" Asked Felix after staying quiet from the start till now

“by all means, please go ahead.”

“My father works in the KIMs enterprise of Australia and as far as I know, the major shareholders are three brothers. But you are a Hwang, so I am a bit confused regarding that matter.”

“You are right; the major shareholders are three brothers. I am one of them. To satisfy your curiosity let me elaborate a bit. My parents were great family friends of the KIMs. They were so close that my parents made them my godparents. After my biological parents died in a plane crash when I was five, I was adopted by my godfather. And from then on I started living with them.  They wanted me to keep the family name as a remembrance for their friends, so I didn’t change my last name. Although just three years back tragedy struck our family again and took away my father soon followed by my mother. After that, the company is jointly owned by us three brothers.”

“I am sorry to hear that. I shouldn’t have asked such type of question. Sorry.” Said Felix feeling remorseful after hearing what hyunjin said.

Although he was curious, he didn’t have any intention of opening the guys old wounds or talking about his past traumas. He was feeling genuinely sorry for the guy. You see, people usually mistake Felix to be a rude or inconsiderate guy because of his strong impression and deep voice, But in reality, he was the biggest softie of the group. He liked giving kisses to the members and hugging them. He liked to bake stuff and fed his members whatever he made which was most of the time delicious. He was the perfect example of don’t judge a book with its cover.

“It’s okay. These things happened long ago and although sometimes it can be painful, Time does heal everything. So you don’t have to worry about that at all. I am alright.” Said hyunjin while smiling to cheer up Felix who was visibly upset due to his previous curiosity
_______________________________________

After a while....

“I think, it’s time to wrap up our meeting now. This is my contact number. If there is anything you need of me then please feel free to contact me.” Said hyunjin while handing out some business cards inside his pockets

“Thank you, hyunjin. It was a pleasure meeting you. I hope we all work along well together in the future.” Said chan after being completely sure of the guy who was now their CEO

“likewise Mr chan”

“If you don’t mind then please call me Hyung while in private. It would make me feel comfortable around you. Only then can I drop the honorifics.”

“Alright then. Likewise, chan Hyung.” Said hyunjin while smiling

“By the way, just a piece of information. You might get a surprise or a shock soon. I would like to make it clear from the beginning that it was not intentional at all. I came to know about it while looking at your reports this morning. And sorry if it will be a nuisance for you.”

“What are you talking about hyunjin Hyung?” asked jeongin

“I cannot say anything right now, but you will find out today itself. Be patient for a bit IN.” Said hyunjin while patting jeongins hair.

_______________________________________

After completing the day’s work and practicing for their upcoming comeback, the members boarded the company van which took them straight home. Although the members were pretty tired they kept on talking about their new CEO and how they all liked him. It was pretty clear that the members were thoroughly impressed with the guy's charms. After a while, they reached the apartment building where they lived and got out of the car only to find a guy waiting for them near the doorway.

“Hyunjin~~~ what are you doing here?” asked all the members simultaneously, completely bewildered by the scene in front of them.

“Remember the surprise I was talking about, this is it. I am sorry for the noise that you had to tolerate due to me these past few days.”

“What are you talking about? I don’t understand what you are saying.” asked chan

“I am moving in today, to the penthouse above your floor.”