Chapter 10

The next day...

“Are you nervous?” Asked hyunjin

“Of course I am. It’s the first time I am embroiled in a scandal and I don’t know how people handle all the hate they get due to such situations.” Said Felix who was sweating profusely before the press conference

“They don’t handle such situations,no one can, they just get used to the pain. Anyone who might have faced such situations will know how disturbing this can be. No one in this world is that headstrong that they will get through something like this without affecting their mental health. You are doing fine, you will be okay. I am here and all your members are also here. Now if you may allow me---” said hyunjin who then took out his handkerchief and was going to wipe away Felix's sweat but stopped himself when he realized what he was about to do

“uh…take…take it…” said hyunjin while giving away the white handkerchief which was on his hand

“Thank you for this, but it doesn’t help that I have to answer questions about this issue.” said felix whose heart was probably going to jump out of his body had hyunjin continued on what he was planning to do

“I know it might not help, but I will be standing beside the prompter. So, if you feel nervous or anxious about any question, focus on me. Forget everything else and focus on me only. Okay? Do that for me.”

“I will. I think it’s time for me to go on stage.” Said Felix who was now blushing due to the words that were spoken by hyunjin

“Go ahead, all the best Felix.”
_______________________________________

“Ladies and gentlemen of the press, thank you very much for your presence. Good morning to all of you present here. Now I would like to bring your attention to the topic of this press conference, which is the dating and bullying rumors going around on the internet of Felix, a stray kids member. I would like to invite him up on stage for clarifying the case and we will be taking questions after this.” Said the spokesperson of the JYP entertainment

“Good morning to all the press members present here. I am lee Felix, a member of the k-pop boy group stray kids. First of all, I would like to apologize to everyone who might have had a hard time due to this unprecedented situation for our group. Second of all, I can assure you that I am not dating anyone right now. I have never been in a relationship till now. Also, the bullying allegations are not true at all. Our company will hold the offender legally accountable and I will make sure that they are punished for spreading malicious rumors against me and our group. Thank you.”

During the question time, his whole attention was only on one person who was smiling at him the whole time. No one can explain what it was, No words can say what he was feeling at the moment. The time seemed to move fast yet at the same time it was slow. Felix was lost in hyunjins deep dark eyes which seemed like the whole world to him at that point. He was so lost that he didn’t even notice the spokesperson come up to the stage to proceed to the next part of the conference.

“Now please welcome the new CEO of JYP Entertainment, Mr. Hwang Hyunjin.” Said the press moderator

“Hello everyone, I am Hwang hyunjin, the CEO of JYP entertainment. First of all, I would like to extend my warm welcome to everyone present here with us. Now coming back to the topic, I have a few announcements to make. Firstly, every artist signed with our company is hereby allowed to date and be in a relationship as long as it doesn’t hinder their schedules. Secondly, anyone who will attack our artists for the aforementioned reason will be taken to trial by our legal team, and believe me, I don’t plan on settling with just an apology. The people who were responsible will be sued for defamation and intent to harm. They have been getting away with this stuff for a very long time and I plan to take it to the end. I will not be accepting any questions right now, so please excuse me. Thank you.”

Felix had already been escorted out of the conference by bodyguards under the orders of hyunjin who then went into the room where all the members were present. Although they were not present during hyunjins part in the press conference, they had heard what he had said and no one can explain what it was, but the simplest way anyone can put it is that they were thrilled, to say the least. They had only encountered the happy and sweet side of hyunjin till now but seeing his commanding demeanor was another sight to behold.

“So guys, I hope everything goes well from now on. We have already taken down a lot of misinformed articles and our legal team is working around the clock. I hope the response from the public is good.” said hyunjin while grabbing a water bottle in the room

“I am glad that this is done. But I do have a question.” Said minho

“Sure, what is it?”

“Were you serious about letting us date whoever we want or is that a publicity stunt?”

“I am serious minho hyung. You can date anyone you like irrespective of their race, nationality, occupation, or dare I say gender. I just hope that you inform me about your relationship first, so that if anything happens we can be prepared. And I also hope that while in a relationship, you also manage your schedules so that it doesn’t hamper your work. That is all I ask for.”

The members were awestruck, to say the least. Never in their wildest dreams had they imagined dating anyone while still active as an idol member. While under park jin young they were placed under strict scrutiny regarding their private lives but now under the new leadership, things were turning out better than they expected.

“But as always, people need to be responsible for their actions. You also know that your popularity will take a hit if you date. Although the management will completely support you and stay out of this, I hope you keep your relationship if any under the wraps. But if the drop in popularity doesn’t matter to you as musicians then go ahead.” Continued hyunjin

While hyunjin and the members continued talking about the things related to their groups, Felix was yet again lost in thoughts but this time he was  smiling openly. Although chan noticed the smile, he didn’t want to bring any attention to Felix in that surrounding, so he decided to ask him about this once they were alone in their dorms.

_______________________________________

“Are you okay Felix? You don’t seem like your usual self these days.” asked chan who came to talk with felix in his room

“I am okay hyung, why do you ask?”

“It’s just that you have been lost in your thoughts quite often these days?”

“I didn’t notice that.” said Felix while scratching the back of his head

“Felix, tell me honestly. Is anything bothering you?”

Felix was fully panicking by now. Although he had told his members about his sexuality quite some time ago, he wasn’t sure how the members would react about his crush on their boss. Most of the time the romance between a superior and their staff at the workplace consists of an unfair power play and therefore it's mostly discouraged in the companies.

Although it was not the case with hyunjin and Felix, he wasn’t sure how people would react. Therefore he was unsure about sharing this detail of his life with other people including his members but after some time he decided to let him in on this secret.

“I…I am in…I am…” Felix stuttered while thinking about the right words to say this to his Hyung

“It’s okay Felix, you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to. I am not going to force an answer out of you.”

“It’s not like that. I just don’t know how to say this--"

“I think I am falling in love….. With Hyunjin”