Chapter 6

It had been nearly two weeks from the restaurant incident but Felix still had that sentence going around in his head. For hyunjin, it may not have been a great deal to say those words so easily, but for Felix, it increased his attraction to the next level. He was now crushing hard on hyunjin. Felix usually was a bubbly sweet person who could bring sunshine to people even in the darkest days of their life. Although Felix had his demons to fight, he always wanted people around him to be happy. But what Felix still didn’t understand was that people are not always good. Some people mistook his kindness for being a pushover. Although he didn’t show it, he was also struggling to trust people after what he had gone  through.

Following the dinner, everyone was driven home by hyunjin who then went up to his own house. After that day although they met a few times every day, nothing significant had happened. It was the same monotonous life for everyone. The group was busy with the promotion of their new album and hyunjin was busy managing the company. After hyunjin arrived, many things changed from what it was before. There was a new office environment and according to the staff, they liked the new system better than before. Everything was also going on smoothly that day until the news arrived. Hyunjin was in a meeting when it happened. It was Felix.
_______________________________________
“I think the budget for this specific project should be reduced---” said hyunjin when he was suddenly interrupted by daniel.

“Sir, I think you should see this.” Said Daniel interrupting hyunjins meeting

“What is it, Daniel? It better be important. I am in a meeting right now.”

“Sir, it is important. Please take a look.” After saying this Daniel handed over an Ipad to hyunjin

After reading for a while, suddenly the expression of hyunjin turned into a frown. It was unclear whether he was angry or sad but whatever he might be feeling, it was sure that it was not a positive emotion. There was news about Felix being in a relationship with a girl and going into a cafe for a couple date. Although it was unclear whether they were dating or not, it was evident that the fans were not happy. The pair was clicked entering a cafe and one of them was Felix. Soon after came another allegation of Felix bullying a classmate in middle school and people started to believe it. Hyunjin soon dismissed the meeting and went outside the conference room into his office.

“Daniel, call the manager to my office right now.” Commanded hyunjin

“Right away sir.” Said Daniel and after just two minutes the manager came running into his office.

“I would like an explanation right now and you better pray that I like it.” Said hyunjin in a voice that was unheard of before.

Hyunjin usually was a sweet kind guy who took action whenever necessary and always maintained his image. The staff believed that hyunjin is just kind and therefore they can get away with any mistake with just an apology but this time it was clear that they are not going to be spared if there is a mistake.

“Felix is not in a relationship sir. The girl who is with him in the picture is tina who is a new member of our staff and is currently on probation. They are not dating and they went to the cafe because Felix wanted something to drink and I was preoccupied with the shooting director. So I sent tina to bring him a coffee but Felix also went to the cafe and thus this happened. As for the bullying allegations, I asked Felix about that and he refused to have done any such things.”

“Alright, I believe you for now. Where are the members right now? Do they know what is happening?”

“They are in the practice room, sir. I forbade them from leaving the building as it is dangerous outside with hoards of crazy fans. And yes, they know what is happening right now.”

“Alright, you can go now.”

After the manager left his office, hyunjin called Daniel inside and gave him orders to tighten the security around the area and not to allow any outsiders for whatever purpose for the time being.

Hyunjin was disturbed, he didn’t show it but he deeply cared for the group members and especially for Felix who he found cute. It was not new in the k-pop scene for fans to protest because their idols were dating. What those fans forget is that although their idols were public figures, they were still humans who have their own feelings. Hyunjin was strictly against the inhumane practice of not allowing a person to be in a relationship just because they wanted to be a k-pop idol and it seemed that it was time for him to introduce new policies and proper treatment for his artists.

“Daniel, I want you to contact all the major news channels and invite them for a press conference tomorrow. Also, get each member their personal bodyguard. Inform the staff that they are not to talk to any outsiders about this issue and that they shouldn’t spread any rumours that might harm the group. Failing to do so will lead to their dismissal. Inform the legal team that I want them to take appropriate legal actions against the offenders. I won’t be able to meet them right now as I am going to meet the members.” Said hyunjin and then left his office to go and meet Felix.
_______________________________________

“Can I come inside?” asked Hyunjin after knocking on the door of the practice room

The room was gloomy, to say the least. Although no member was blaming Felix for what happened, he was feeling guilty for the scandal involving him. Felix was sitting on the couch in the farthest corner of the room and the members were sitting on the floor near him. It was evident that Felix had cried due to his red and puffy eyes and the members were nervous about the whole situation.

“Please come in.” said chan almost instantly after hyunjin arrived there.

The members were worried about his reaction to the news and they had even imagined the worst possible scenario of Felix being forced to leave the group.

“I’m sorry for what has happened. As your CEO I should’ve paid more attention but the situation is being handled right now and soon I will inform you of all the details. Please don’t worry about anything.”

“You are not going to send Felix on a hiatus, are you?” asked minho who was a bit skeptical about hyunjins intentions

“I am not going to do any such thing. Don’t worry about that at all. I will handle that. But can you please leave me and Felix alone for now? I need to talk to him about some things.”

Although minho and changbin were not fond of the idea of leaving them to talk, they had to because the person asking them to do so was hyunjin, their boss. They resisted for a bit but chan eventually made them go out of the room and came out at last and closed the door behind him.

“Felix, can I sit down?”

Silence

“Alright, I am sitting down then. Do you want to talk to me? Is there anything that I should know about this situation?”

Silence

“Felix, listen to me, please. Although I am your boss, I am also your friend; at least on my part, I treated you like a friend. So here I am not asking as your boss but as your friend. If you want to cry then you can cry. I know what happened and it’s not your fault.”

After what felt like an eternity, Felix answered slowly through his sobs:

“People will think that I am a bully. No one will love me anymore. I didn’t mean for this to happen. I don’t want to make any problems for my group. If you want, then I will leave silently.”

“What are you talking about? I know how much of an amazing guy you are and I am sure your members know that too. I know that you could never bully anyone. Why are you beating yourself up over something which is not true? I will handle this. Please don’t worry”

“No one will believe me anymo---”

“I believe you. I do.”