Chapter 23

"I know that you are the man who is dating my son."

Hyunjin was utterly shocked by the statement and it clearly showed on his face. He didn't expect Felix to have already told everything about their relationship to his parents. Although it made hyunjin happy that he didn't have to pretend to be Felix's friend in front of his father and lie to him, it made him feel more pressured than before to create a good first impression.

He wanted Felix's parents to approve of him as their son's boyfriend. Even after a while when hyunjin didn't say anything but gape at nothing in front of him, Felix tried to bring him back to reality.

"Hey, are you okay? What happened?" asked Felix which fortunately was enough to bring hyunjin's attention to him

"Yeah, I am fine. It's just that I didn't expect you to have told your parents about our relationship." Answered hyunjin honestly

"I told them because I didn't see the need to hide it from them. They already knew about my sexuality when I was in high school, so there was nothing to hide from them. I hope you are not angry with this, are you?"

"No Felix, I am not angry at all. In fact, I am happy that you told them about us, it's just that it was surprising to me." answered hyunjin while taking Felix's hand into his own

"Uhmmmm... Guys, I am still here if you can't see me." said Felix's father who was watching all this unfold in front of him.

As soon as he said that, hyunjin turned red with embarrassment and left Felix's hand to prevent any further incidents like this.

"Oh, sorry sir. I was just a bit stumped to hear that you know of our relationship." Said hyunjin

"Of course, I know about it. He's my son and unlike some parents, I am not homophobic, so you don't have to worry about that at all."

"Thank you, sir. Thank you for accepting our relationship." Said hyunjin with a genuine sense of gratitude towards the man

"But if you don't mind me asking, then what do you do? Felix never told me about your job or anything like that." Asked Mr. Lee.

Although he didn't care about Felix being in a relationship with a man, he still needed to make sure that the person was good enough for his precious son.

The question also came as a shock to hyunjin as he didn't expect Felix to hide his profession from his father. He thought maybe Felix had some reasons which he didn't know and therefore looked towards Felix to ask for permission to reveal his identity, but before he was able to do so, Felix himself revealed hyunjin's identity.

"Dad, hyunjin is our company's new CEO. I didn't say anything because I didn't want you to worry about that at all but it's nothing to hide really. And he also has a position in another company; he is a board director of the KIM Enterprises. That's why I didn't want to say anything as that might be uncomfortable for you." said Felix

"Oh. I didn't know that he is that Hwang hyunjin. His name does ring a bell, but I was not sure of it. So basically what you are saying is that you are dating the man who is literally both your and my boss, right?" asked Mr. Lee in a tone that was laced with confusion and a bit of worry

"Please don't refer to me as your boss, sir. I am just a non executive titular director. And outside of work, I am also not Felix's boss. I am just his boyfriend. So please feel free to be comfortable around me." answered hyunjin when he saw the slight discomfort in his eyes

"If you insist, then I will talk comfortably hyunjin." Said Mr. lee who was still worried but was accepting the fact that the man has got grace and he could see why Felix or anyone will fall for him.

As the three were busy talking with each other another person who was wearing a white lab coat approached them and it was obvious that he was the doctor who was attending to Felix's mother.

"I would like to inform you all that Mrs. Lee is now conscious and she is stable at the moment. We are going to check up on her for the next few days but after that, she will be able to go home." Said the doctor and as soon as everyone heard him a wave of relief passed over everyone.

"Can we visit her right now, doctor?" asked Mr. Lee

"You can but please don't say anything that might cause stress to her heart. She should be free of any tension at the moment." Warned the doctor

"Don't worry doctor. We all will keep that in mind." Said Mr. Lee while thanking the doctor before he left them in the hallway.

"Hyunjin, we will continue our conversation later. I need to be near my wife at the moment. Would you like to come in?" asked Mr. lee before opening the door to the hospital ward

"I don't know if it's okay for me to be there." Said hyunjin while fiddling with his fingers

"It's okay hyunjin. My mother also knows about our relationship and she will be very happy to meet you. you came all the way to Australia just because you were worried and that speaks volumes. So don't worry about that and just come in." said Felix while grabbing hyunjin's hand and eventually leading him inside the room.

As hyunjin came inside, his first sight was of a woman lying in the bed wearing a hospital gown. The aforementioned person was a gorgeous woman in her fifties who was a bit pale due to her ailments but the thing that stood out the most was her freckles. Hyunjin now knew how Felix got his beautiful freckles and it was clearly visible that there was a striking similarity between the mother and the son.

As soon as all the members and hyunjin were inside the room, Felix let go of hyunjin's hand and gave a hug to his mother. It was evident that he loved his mother very much.
After Felix let go of each other, Mrs. Lee greeted all the members present there and started talking with them.

She was not able to see hyunjin because he was hiding behind the members who were surrounding her bed and it didn't help that Mrs. Lee was lying in bed. But unfortunately for hyunjin, Felix hadn't forgotten about hyunjin in that situation and grabbed his hand and brought him to the front for his mother to meet him.

Hyunjin was a bit too nervous to meet Felix's mother's eyes, but when he did, he found her to be smiling towards him. That calmed down his nerves a bit and he introduced himself.

"Good morning ma'am. I am Hwang Hyunjin. I am Felix's Bo--" Said hyunjin before stopping in his speech and looking towards Felix. He wanted the confirmation that it was alright to call himself Felix's boyfriend but he didn't need the confirmation as Felix said it yet again.

"My boyfriend. Mom, meet my boyfriend; the one I told you about." Said Felix confidently

"Nice to meet you hyunjin. I am lee eun soo; Felix's mother. You are a handsome young man, I must say." Said Mrs. Lee cheerfully, it was almost as if she wasn't sick at the moment.

"It's good to meet you too ma'am. I have heard a lot about you." said hyunjin while bringing his hands together in front of him and standing awkwardly

"Oh, I hope he didn't say much. Where's the fun in knowing each other from a mediator, right hyunjin?"

"certainly ma'am."

After the introductions were done, Felix's mother started talking about different things and the flow of the conversation was going so smoothly that people would say that they knew each other for years and not just moments before. Hyunjin had completely calmed down by now and everything was going well according to him until he heard something which made all the alarms go off in his head.

"Can everyone please leave the room for some time? I want to talk to hyunjin: ALONE."