Chapter 38

“We finally came out, love.”

This was the last straw for Felix before he broke down in the break room. He had tried to hold back his tears after seeing all the comments on the news articles published earlier and he was able to do so because he didn’t want people to see his vulnerable side. He didn’t want to give people any more reason to troll him.

But now that the press conference was over and the cat was finally out of the bag, he couldn’t hold back anymore and fell on his knees while crying. It was evident that this situation had taken a very big toll on his mental health.

Although Hyunjin wanted to calm him down, he didn’t say anything. He let the poor guy cry out everything he felt. He wanted Felix to be able to get back up again without anyone’s help. So hyunjin just let him be. He didn’t say anything and just sat down beside him silently.

After a few minutes when Felix calmed down a bit he looked beside him to find hyunjin looking at him with those beautiful eyes which showed him the universe when he was sad. The eyes that held the forever they had promised to share.

They both kept on looking at each other without saying anything for some time before Felix moved closer to him and kissed him on the lips gently. It was not a sensual kiss, and nor was it messy. It was just a chaste kiss which Felix needed to know that hyunjin was with him, to feel his warmth and his love.

Although initially a bit surprised, hyunjin kissed him back slowly. They were like that for a few moments before they finally let go of each other but before hyunjin could get up, he found a pair of arms slithering around his waist to hug him. So he just gave up on standing up and sat down to hug his boyfriend.

They were still sitting on the ground and hugging each other when Daniel opened the door to get some documents, but he soon left when Hyunjin signaled him to leave silently and close the door behind him.

“Do you think someday people will accept us, hyunjin?” asked Felix while still hugging Hyunjin

“To be honest, I don’t know Felix. But what I know is that the people who truly care for us will still be with us no matter whatever circumstance we are in. Your parents, my brothers, and your group members love you and care for you very much. They will always be with you, so don’t worry too much about that. I know that the world is a cruel place and I also know what people like us go through due to misconceptions and prejudices but that doesn’t mean that I will stop loving you. I will not give up on you Felix.” reassured hyunjin while patting Felix’s head

“Do you think your Brothers will like me, Hyunjin?” asked Felix

“Of course, they will. I love you and they know that and moreover which sane person won’t like you? You are the most amazing person I have ever met and I am grateful that you are my boyfriend. So don’t think that my brothers won’t like you or anything like that. They will.”

“Why am I like this, hyunjin? Why can’t I do anything? Now the general public also hates me because of my sexuality. I can’t do anything correctly.” Said Felix under tears

“You are perfect the way you are, Felix. I know that we will be hated by many people but as I said before, your loved ones are the people who matter the most. And please don’t beat yourself over it; I can’t see you like that because of me. Tell me, Do you regret being in a relationship with me?” asked hyunjin

“What? No, of course not. I don’t regret it at all. I just regret that I couldn’t come out before it was revealed by someone else. I am happy with you Hyunjin, I am happier than I ever was, I hope you know that. It’s just that I am worried about our relationship now that it is in the open.”  Confessed Felix

“I know that it’s scary but I promise that I will be here with you. You are not alone, Felix. Our relationship will go on.” Said hyunjin

“Should we get up now?” asked hyunjin after some minutes when Felix didn’t say anything.

“Yes, let’s go. But can I ask you one thing to do for me?” asked Felix

“Sure, love. What is it?”

“I want to do a live session today for my fans. I know that the hatred I will get will be very much but I don’t want to hide anything anymore even if I am afraid. Will you do it with me?” requested Felix

“Are you sure you want to do that? If yes, then I will be with you. If that is what you wish for then I will be with you the whole time.” Said hyunjin before getting up and extending his hand for Felix to grab on to.

After they both left the room and went to Hyunjin’s office where everyone else was, Felix informed the other members about his Vlive session. Although the members were initially doubtful about the idea, they gave up when Felix didn’t budge from his decision. Soon enough all the arrangements were made for Felix and Hyunjin to go live and as always, Felix was nervous yet again. He was trying to mentally prepare himself for the homophobic slurs he will be hearing pretty soon.

And he was right to assume that. As soon as the V-live started there was an outpour of Homophobic slurs from his obsessed fans. There were also death and injury threats which Hyunjin made sure were reported to the police but what was surprising to both of them was that there were a lot of people who also supported them.

Many sent their best wishes and some were not even his fans before. Some decided to follow him because of his courage to come out in a conservative county like Korea and some simply liked him because of his music and didn’t really care about his sexual orientation.

As the live stream ended and they both left the room, Felix let out a breath he didn’t even know he was holding in. He was glad that he had finally done what he had wanted to do for so long and that now he could be his own true self. Hyunjin was happy seeing Felix this confident and proud about himself. He was not able to find the sad, afraid Felix from moments ago but a new Felix who was comfortable being himself.

Hyunjin was glad that he was with him during this phase of his life and although he was not sure how their relationship would progress, he wanted to enjoy his life with him to the fullest.

“Hey, what are you thinking about?” asked Felix after noticing hyunjin smiling to himself

“Nothing much, love. I am just proud of you for everything you did today. From openly talking about yourself in the press conference to coming out to your fans on a live stream. You have surely come a long way.” Said hyunjin while smiling gently at Felix

“I should thank you for that. I wouldn’t have been this brave if not for you.”

“By the way now that you came out to the whole world and our relationship is public, can I request you to do one thing?” asked a nervous hyunjin while fiddling with his fingers

“Please go ahead. You don’t have to be so formal to ask me anything.” Said Felix

“Then will you wear this?” asked Hyunjin while taking a white ring box out of his coat’s inner pocket.

After Hyunjin opened the box, it was visible that there were two platinum rings inside the box with a small heart on both of them. Felix was visibly confused by this and Hyunjin became more nervous thinking that he pushed his boundaries.

“This… These are not engagement rings or anything, and I am not asking you to marry me. I saw these rings quite some time back but didn’t dare to give them to you. These are just a simple couple ring for both of us and you don’t have to wear them if you don’t want to. It’s completely okay.” Rambled Hyunjin

“Hyunjin, Hyunjin… Calm down, jinnie. I didn’t say that I will not wear them. I will. I was just confused as you suddenly brought out a pair of rings.” Said Felix before grabbing one ring out of the box and putting it on Hyunjin’s ring finger with Hyunjin doing the same for Felix afterward.

“By the way, will you ever marry me?” asked Felix due to his curiosity

“Of course, I will, my love. I will marry you someday when we are both ready.” Said hyunjin

“Do you promise that?”

“I promise that I will propose to you.” said Hyunjin with a reassuring smile.

A promise was made that day.

And a few years later, it was kept.