Chapter 8

“Will you come to my house?”

Although Felix already knew what hyunjin was asking about even before he popped the question, after listening to it, he couldn’t control himself and his cheeks began turning red yet again, but this time the only difference was that hyunjin noticed the effect he has on Felix.

Call it nervousness or excitement, Felix was not feeling like himself when he was with hyunjin. Even after waiting for some time when Felix didn’t respond but only stare at hyunjin, he tried to bring him back to reality by asking him again.

“So~~what is your answer? Is it a no?”

“No, no… I mean yes... I mean yes, I would like to go to your house.” Said, Felix

“Great, then let’s go.”

As the elevator went up one floor, the excitement and nervousness of Felix also went up little by little. He didn’t know why he was so nervous yet excited at the same time but honestly who wouldn’t be like that when going to their crush’s house. It was once in a lifetime opportunity for him and he certainly wasn’t going to lose out on it. The elevator doors finally opened and they got off. Hyunjin typed in his password and opened the door for Felix to go inside first.

“I think you invite a lot of people here. It seems that way to me at least.” Said Felix who didn’t even know what he was saying until he said the words

“Are you wondering if you are the first person to be invited?” asked hyunjin with a smirk on his face

“I am just asking casually.” Said Felix while waving his hands dismissively

“Well, I guess then I should tell you that you are the first person to come into my home since I moved in. Although I will let you know that my brothers are the first person I invited but as they had urgent work outside the country, they haven’t been here so far.”

Hearing this gave Felix butterflies in his stomach. Although Felix was trying to calm himself down, it was definitely not working with hyunjin standing so close to him. Felix was sure that if hyunjin came closer than he already was, he would’ve heard his heartbeats. And it is important to mention, that it was just the start of his coming inside to his house. They had yet to change into their slippers and go inside his living room.

“I think we should go into the living room, we have been talking at the doorway for the last five minutes.” Said hyunjin with a chuckle

Hyujin's house was exactly what you would expect of him. Neat and styled modestly. Hyunjin liked a minimalistic approach in his house, but the aesthetics were still pleasing for anyone. It was clean and tidy and anyone could say that the owner of this house was an organized man.

“You have a great house. I like the vibes of this house. It represents you, to be honest.”

“Thank you, Felix. Now if you may, then please sit down on the sofa. By the way, what would you like? I have juice, coffee, tea, and plain water. Or actually, I have a better idea. Why don’t you have dinner with me? I am hungry and I am sure you are too. So what do you say?”

“I would like to have dinner if it’s okay with you.”

“Great, then give me some time to cook something for you.”

“You will be cooking yourself? I thought we were ordering takeout.”

“I would normally order takeout but I don’t want to take the risk of permitting a stranger to enter this building, due to the situation we are in.”

“Understandable, but do you know how to cook?”

“I think you are forgetting that I have lived alone for nearly five years. To be honest, I don’t cook much but I do know how to cook some dishes.”

“Cool. Then what are we having for dinner Mr. Chef?” asked Felix with a giggle

“I don’t think I have a variety of ingredients at home so how about Aglio e olio? Is that okay with you?”

“Yes please, I like that so it’s completely fine with me.”

“Great, then watch tv or roam around the house if you want while I prepare that.”

While taking a tour of hyunjins house nothing caught Felix's attention more than his pictures. Hyunjin was with his parents and his brothers. It was evident after looking at those that hyunjin valued his family more than anything. Suddenly a thought popped inside his mind. Will hyunjin ever have a family with me? Although it was a bit farfetched to think about the unsure future, it gave Felix a sense of satisfaction while thinking about that.

Although they had just become friends, he knew that he liked the company of hyunjin more than anyone else. Hyunjin was kind, strong, sweet, caring, and loving. He was the complete package of everything anyone may ever want. Although Felix was unsure as to whether hyunjin is gay or not, there was still a glimmer of hope to that notion. As he was drifting further away in his thoughts, he was bought back to reality when hyunjin shook him by his shoulders.

“What are you doing staring at the wall? I called you nearly ten times but you didn’t respond, so I was worried if something happened to you, but here you are. Are you okay?” asked hyunjin with his ever so sickly sweet smile

“I was lost in my thoughts so I didn’t hear you call me. Is dinner ready?”

“Yes, it is my lord. Now let’s go to eat, shall we?”
_______________________________________

“It is one of the best Aglio- e-olio I have ever eaten. I don’t think it’s the topmost but it is surely up there.” Said Felix with a light chuckle

“Thank you for your compliments. Now if you have completed your food, shall I bring out the dessert? I don’t have much in this house but I do have ice cream. Do you want to eat that?”

“Sure, I think I have enough space for an ice cream.” Said Felix who was now smiling from ears to ears.

While eating ice cream they began talking about their respective lives and how everything has been for them. The way they spoke to each other, it didn’t seem that they knew each other just recently but as if they had been friends for a long time. It had the warmth and comfort that they both craved and it satisfied them that they were finally getting that from each other.

“You should know that you are my first friend here. I never really got along well with other students in my class and while in states, I did face a bit of discrimination, so I stopped approaching people completely. I am glad that I took over the company.” Said hyunjin

“And I am also glad that you took over the company, although I have my friends here after living for so long, no one ever comforted me the way you did. I don’t know if it sounds corny to you but I am grateful.”

“By the way just a question, is there any girl here that you like? I am just curious.” Asked Felix who was not able to stop himself from asking the question before it was too late

“Are you interested in my private life, lee Felix?” asked hyunjin with a smirk plastered on his face

“I am just asking. You don’t have to answer me if you don’t want to.”

“No, it’s nothing like that. And coming back to your question, there is no ‘girl’ in my life. I think it was pretty evident”

“What do you mean by evident? What was evident?”

“That I am gay.”