Chapter 5

“I am moving in today, to the penthouse above your floor.”

As soon as the words left his mouth, the expression of sheer shock was visible right away on the face of all the human beings present there which included the group's manager and the group members themselves. Never in their wildest dreams had they ever imagined living in the same building as their CEO. Although hyunjin was friendly and nice to every one among them, they were still quite unsure of having their boss live above them.

“WHAT? IS THAT TRUE OR ARE YOU JOKING?” asked a completely bewildered minho

“That is true minho Hyung, I will be living in the penthouse. Again, I must say that I am sorry for all the noise you had to tolerate.”

“Tha…. That’s….That’s a good thing I guess.” Said bang chan followed by an awkward laugh

“I am sure that you all might be wondering about the consequences of having your boss stay in the same building but don’t worry. As you might have noticed, I am not the typical ‘boss’ that is portrayed in the movies. I am not going to interfere with any of your daily activities outside the work hour. Outside the workplace, I am just your ordinary neighbor.”

Hyunjin was correct in guessing that the members were thinking about the pros and cons of his living there but there was an exception. When there was a state of pure shock on the face of everyone, one member was smiling brightly more than ever. It was Felix.

Felix hadn’t fallen in love with hyunjin just yet but he was attracted to him but to be fair, who wouldn’t be attracted to hyunjin. If hyunjin was an idol then it is no doubt that he would have been the most popular member of that group. He was a living definition of a group visual.

“So, should we go up now?  Although it is still spring, the nights are cold here in Korea.”

“Were you outside of the country for too long? You talk like a person who hasn’t been in the country for ten years.” Asked a curious han while moving up the elevator

“Make it five. I was not in the country for five years as I was busy handling the company’s affairs in the states. I returned just two weeks ago after I was informed of my appointment here.”

“If you returned two weeks ago then where have you been living all this while? Don’t tell me you have a secret girlfriend here?” asked an amused minho

“I have been living in a hotel and to answer your second question, NO, I am single and don’t have a partner.”

Ding

As soon as hyunjin completed his sentence the elevator doors opened and the members started to get off one by one.  The last one to get off was Felix and before the doors closed he managed to say a quick goodnight and walked off before hyunjin could say anything. Felix knew that if he had stayed, he would’ve said something inappropriate to make things awkward between them from the first day. But what he didn’t know was that after the doors closed hyunjin was smiling to himself the whole time and said the following words:

“He is cute.”
_______________________________________
The next day was quite monotonous for everyone. The group members were busy practicing the choreography for their new song and hyunjin was busy meeting with the board members. They both didn’t cross each other’s path even once in the whole day and it was nearly killing Felix who wanted to get a glimpse of hyunjin even from afar. Although hyunjin had offered to take them to lunch as a courtesy, he had to cancel due to his extended conferences.

Soon the day came to a quiet halt and the moon began to ascend further into the sky. As the members began to pack their bags to leave, Felix was wondering if he could take a peek at hyunjin in his office but he was informed by Daniel that hyunjin had already gone home. Hiding his disappointment, he went back to his members who had already made themselves comfortable in the van.

While riding the van a thought suddenly popped up in Felix's mind, What if someday hyunjin became his boyfriend? How much of a sweet and caring boyfriend will he be? Will he love Felix someday? Does he have a chance? To the heteronormative society, Felix was an idol who wasn’t supposed to date even a female during his active years let alone a male. But what can they do? Felix is gay and there is nothing that can change the fact. His thoughts were suddenly interrupted when the car finally came to a halt indicating that they had reached their destination and to Felix's surprise, the same scene of yesterday unfolded yet again.

“Hello there, I see that you all have arrived at your home after a tiring day and probably want to go up and rest a bit before dinner but if you may allow me then I would like to take you all to dinner today. Call it compensation for canceling the lunch program. So, what do you say?” asked hyunjin in a slightly amused voice

“It is surely unexpected but I think we all will be glad to join you for dinner today.” Said chan

“Great. Then let’s go right away. By the way, is there anyone here who doesn’t like French food?”

“We all like French food so nothing to worry about regarding that.” Said Felix as to stop anyone from saying anything else that might cancel the plan

“Alright then, let’s go. But as we are eight in number, and no one among you has a driver’s license, I think I should drive today. Manager, can I have the key please.”

“I can drive them to the location sir. You don’t need to drive the van.”

“No, I insist. You are already working so hard, I can’t disturb you with my issues. So please, take a cab and go home and put the fare on the corporate card.”

“Okay sir, if you insist then alright. Here is the key.” Said the manager before handing hyunjin the key and disappearing from the place

“So, should we get going now?”
_______________________________________

As soon as they arrived at the restaurant, the manager along with his staff came to greet them. After the greetings were done, the manager led them into the restaurant which unexpectedly was empty other than the staff working there. This was a little shocking for the members because this restaurant was popular in the town and reserving just one table here would take months before the date. After the manager left the area the members voiced their concerns about the place being desolate.

“Excuse me for a bit, I will just go to the washroom and come back,” said hyunjin

After hyunjin left, the manager returned with the menu to take their orders.

“Why is the place so desolate this evening? I heard that the place is very popular, yet there are no customers except us here.” Said minho

“I can see that Mr hyunjin has not told everything to you. Yes, the place is very popular and our food also tastes good. There are no other customers here right now because Mr. Hyunjin booked the entire restaurant for this fine evening.” Replied the manager

After hearing that the members were shocked to the core. They didn’t expect hyunjin to book the entire restaurant just for themselves and somehow it made them feel pressured. 

“What happened? Why are you all acting as if in a trance?” Asked hyunjin after coming back from the washroom.

“Hyunjin, did you book the entire restaurant for today?” asked chan

“Ahhh, I see. That is why you all are acting strange. For your question, my answer would be yes, and before you might feel pressured let me tell you that I did this because I know that being a public figure, you all rarely get the chance to eat outside peacefully without being swarmed by your fans. So I wanted you to have a good experience. Please don’t be awkward around me due to that.”

“I understand that you wanted us to have a great time and I also know that you probably have billions in your bank. But don’t you think it’s a little too much?” asked Felix

“Anything for you”