Chapter 21

“Close your eyes, Felix.”

“What? But why?”

“Just close your eyes and trust me. I want to see the reaction on your face when you look at what I planned for our first date.” Said hyunjin while coming behind Felix and putting his hands over Felix's eyes to keep it shut.

Then they slowly began walking in the direction hyunjins wanted to go and after walking like that for a few minutes, they stopped at a certain spot. Hyunjin then let go of his eyes and went on to hold his hand, intertwining their fingers.

“You can open your eyes now.” Said hyunjin

As Felix opened his eyes, he was stunned, to say the least, and it was visible on his face. The spot they were in was just beside a bucolic pond in the middle of the garden which had cherry blossom trees surrounding the sides and the setting sun reflecting on the clear waters. It was a scene to behold and Felix couldn’t believe that this was the place for their first date. Simply put, it was beautiful.

“Oh my god… Is this the place that you wanted me to see? It’s so beautiful hyunjin. Thank you so much for bringing me here. It’s so beautiful.” Rambled Felix with his mouth completely agape at the scenic beauty in front of him

“I can see that you like my surprise.” Said hyunjin who was smiling while looking at Felix

“By the way, are those boats? Can we ride a boat?” asked Felix who was curious to see everything the park had to offer.

“We can ride a boat but I don’t want to.” Said hyunjin

“why? Don’t tell me you are afraid of water.”

“No, I am not afraid of water. It’s just that there is a belief that people who ride a boat in this lake with their significant another break up soon and I certainly don’t want that. Although I would like to ride around this beautiful lake with you, I don’t want the folklore to be true. So I am not taking any chances.” Said hyunjin while looking into Felix's eyes while holding his hands.

“Oh.” Was all Felix said

“Let’s take a stroll around the park, shall we?” asked hyunjin

“Yes, let’s go.” Said Felix who was smiling at hyunjin

Hands clutched together and fingers intertwined with each other, they both decided to take a walk around the lake under the beautiful cherry blossoms. The falling petals, the scent of the grass, the light orange and yellow color of the water reflecting the sun, and the breeze were peaceful, to say the least. They both enjoyed the silence surrounding them while also feeling the warmth of each other’s hands.

After taking a walk along the edges of the lake, they both decided to sit down for a bit and relax. After they both sat at an open spot that hyunjin had previously prepared to have their picnic, they began talking about different things and time flew away. They didn’t realize that time had flown away when they were in each other’s presence and it honestly surprised Felix when he saw the time in his watch.

“I think we should have our dinner. It’s getting pretty late.” Said Felix while trying to stand up but was stopped when hyunjin grabbed his wrists

“We don’t have to go anywhere. I have already prepared our dinner to be served here. I am sorry that I couldn’t cook you dinner myself when we are on a picnic but I honestly didn’t get any time to prepare for that. Sorry.” Said hyunjin while looking down

“Don’t be sorry hyunjin. You have already done much more than I could ever imagine for a date. I am happy that you decided to bring me here and I am happy that I am with you right now, so don’t be sorry about anything.” Said Felix while giving a reassuring smile