Chapter 12

The next morning…

“Why do you look so haggard this morning? Didn’t you get enough sleep?” Asked chan after seeing Felix who joined all the members for breakfast in the restaurant

“I am okay hyung. Just tired.” Said Felix in a low voice

“I think you should take a rest for at least half a day. If you feel alright then join the afternoon practice or you can take the whole day off. It’s okay.” Said minho

At that moment, hyunjin approached the table they all were sitting on and said his greetings, but what he felt weird was that Felix was not even looking at him while he was there. When chan asked him if he wanted to join them for breakfast, hyunjin declined because he had to meet someone and therefore can’t stay for long. When Felix heard this, jealousy finally took over him and he rushed back to his room. Although hyunjin tried to stop him, he didn’t pay any heed to his words and just kept on running.

After Felix was alone in his room and all his members had left for the practice, he tried to get some sleep but the only thing his mind could think of at that moment was the scene from last night. He had several thoughts going on in his head and this made him more tired than before.

Did hyunjin lie to him about not having a boyfriend? Why did he lie to him? Why was he so good to him and led him on? All these thoughts clouded Felix's judgment and he didn’t even think about talking about this with hyunjin. Although for him, hyunjin had different plans. Hyunjin had noticed the way Felix ignored his presence when he was with them this morning and therefore he wanted to talk to Felix. After a few desperate knocks on his door, Felix answered the door but didn’t invite hyunjin into his room.

“Felix, are you okay? You have been acting quite weird from this morning.” Asked hyunjin to which Felix didn’t give an answer

“Felix, did I do something wrong? If yes, then let me know what it is. I won’t know until you tell me yourself.”

“Listen, Felix, you should know by now that you can trust me but even if you don’t it's okay with me. Take your time but just don’t stop talking to me like this. You are my first friend in 21 years of my life and I don’t want to lose you.” said hyunjin almost in a pleading voice

“You always tell me that I am your first friend and I should trust you but how can I trust you if you lie to me. Why did you lie to me?” asked Felix in an agitated voice which also held some pain in the words. Although he wanted to cry at that instant, he didn’t want to do it before hyunjin.

“What are you talking about? Let me come into your room, please. If you are uncomfortable with me coming into your room then we can have our chat in the café downstairs.” Said hyunjin calmly

“I don’t want to go anywhere right now. Just answer my damn question.”

Hyunjin was a bit taken aback by the sudden change in Felix's behaviors from yesterday night. He didn’t expect Felix to be so agitated about something. Although to hyunjin, Felix looked like a cute angry bird at the moment, he decided that its better if he didn’t say anything like that in this situation.

“Fine, but what did I lie to you? I don’t think I have ever lied to you till now.”

“You lied to me. You lied about not having a girlfriend or a partner but you have a boyfriend here in the states. Why did you lie to me?”

“What? Whose boyfriend? I don’t have a boyfriend. I told you that before.” Said hyunjin who was trying to process the statement Felix had just dumped on him

“Don’t lie to me again. You told me that I am your friend, yet you lied to me. Just don’t talk with me anymore.” Said Felix while trying to close the door but at the last moment, hyunjin put his hand inside the little gap of the door opening to prevent it from closing. This gave him a small injury on his hand but he didn’t care enough about that to stop himself from doing what he was doing.

Felix noticed the bleeding wound and panicked a bit. With guilt taking over him and the suppressed anger and jealousy bubbling inside him, he suddenly burst out crying loudly. Hyunjin tried to shush him and took him inside his room where after some time Felix finally calmed down.

“Now tell me, what did you see or hear that gave you the impression that I have a boyfriend?” asked hyunjin in a more demanding voice

“I…I saw you hugging a guy and then you both went inside your room at midnight. I was not trying to eavesdrop or anything, I was awake and therefore just saw the scene.” Said Felix while looking down towards his hands but he was surprised when hyunjin suddenly burst out laughing loudly. This was one scene that Felix hadn’t anticipated unfolding today.

“Why are you laughing? It’s not funny.” Said Felix with a pout

“I am laughing because this is funny. Do you even know who that guy was?” asked hyunjin who was still laughing

“How would I know? He’s your boyfriend, not mine.”

“He’s not my boyfriend. You are right that a guy visited me yesterday night and I did hug him and went inside my room. But he isn’t my boyfriend. He’s my second brother, Mr. Kim Taehyung.” Said hyunjin who had calmed down a bit now

Felix was shocked, to say the least. He had imagined all kinds of outcomes to his question, but not this one at all. He was embarrassed that he cried and lost sleep over someone who he thought was hyunjins boyfriend but it turned out to be his brother.

“Then why didn’t you say anything? I just misunderstood you the whole time and I lost sleep over that also.” Asked Felix trying to divert hyunjins attention

“I didn’t say anything because I didn’t know what you were thinking. I don't know how to do telepathy, Felix.” Said hyunjin while smiling

Felix who was now red with embarrassment suddenly remembered hyunjin’s hand injury and went to get the first aid kit for him. He then very carefully disinfected his wound and applied a bandage over it despite hyunjin’s protest of him not doing this work.

Although hyunjin didn’t want to show it, his heart was racing at the moment with how close they both were. People might think that hyunjin didn’t like Felix as much as Felix liked him but it was not true at all. Hyunjin cared for Felix more than a friend would do and although he was still questioning the authenticity of his feelings, he certainly treasured Felix as a person. But he didn’t want to make any wrong moves and destroy what they have now, so he didn’t try to do anything with Felix.

He thought that if there is no beginning to any relationship, there will be no end to that. He was satisfied with the way things were right now between them. After Felix finished his first aid, hyunjin suddenly remembered what Felix said and thought of teasing him for a bit.

“By the way, you said that you lost sleep over that matter. Even if he was my boyfriend, why would you lose your sleep over that? Do you like me Felix?” asked hyunjin with a smirk on his face which was short-lived because Felix pushed him out of his room and closed the door after him.

The rest of their trip went more smoothly than expected. After their misunderstandings were cleared, Felix became closer with hyunjin and hyunjin certainly didn’t complain about that. The concert was conducted without any hitch and it was a successful event both financially and musically. The members also met hyunjins second brother and they were also blown away at how much uncanny resemblance the brothers had in their way of talking and doing things.

The members and hyunjin soon returned to Korea after their break ended and they all had some very beautiful memories about this trip, especially hyunjin and Felix, who basically went everywhere together without any single cancellation from hyunjin’s side. The only thing that changed in this break was the heart of two souls who now tried to understand each other better. The feelings which had been suppressed for so long were now finally unleashing bit by bit and it was certainly a sight to see. The wait was finally coming to an end.