Chapter 13

It had been nearly a month after the dating scandal and everything that transpired from that. Although everything was seemingly going smoothly for the group and the company, Felix had been having a hard time focusing on his work due to his feelings for hyunjin increasing over time and it didn't help that his members had found out about his very apparent crush on him.

The members supported him which was not that surprising considering the personalities of all of them but it was still a bit pressurizing for Felix. He still wasn't sure what to do about his feelings and whether hyunjin liked him back. All this kept on troubling him since that incident and he was tired of it.

Feelings are not always simple but convoluted. Sometimes the feelings might just be another fleeting thing in a person's life or could be the thing that decides the way of their life and it's always a pain to differentiate between the two.

Hyunjin and Felix had been meeting regularly and they also had lunch and dinner together sometimes but rather than that they both were kept busy with their schedules. After the incident, it was the same monotonous life again for all of them, until this day which was going to change the course of all of their lives altogether.
_______________________________________

"Sir, I need to remind you that you have a dinner party to attend tonight. Do you have your partner yet or should I bring someone from the company?" asked Daniel

"I still don't understand why do I need a partner to go to a dinner party?" said hyunjin who was frustrated by now

"Sir, it's not just a simple dinner party. It's a ball dance and a dinner party. Although I am not sure who does ball dances nowadays, the host's wife wanted a ball dance to happen and thereby this situation. Now you cannot dance without a partner, can you?"

"Fine, I will find someone. Go and do your work now."

"Okay, sir."

After hyunjin was left alone in his office by Daniel, he thought long and hard about whom to invite to be his plus one but no one came to his mind. First of all, he didn't have any friends in the country, and secondly, he was not at all interested in any of the girls who had made their moves on him before. After thinking for some time a thought popped up in his head and although he was not sure if it is a good idea or not, he decided to proceed with that. His partner for the night was going to be Felix.
_______________________________________

"What? What did you ask me just now? I don't think I heard it correctly." Said Felix who was sitting in the office cafeteria when hyunjin joined him and proposed him the idea

"I think you heard it correctly. I am asking you to be my plus one for a formal dinner party." Said hyunjin nonchalantly

"Are you out of your mind?--" said Felix in a slightly raised voice but then he realized where they were and lowered his voice and continued

"Are you out of your mind? Why would you ask me to be your partner for the night?"

"Because you are the only person I can think of right now. You know that I have no friends here and I don't want to go to a ball dance with someone I don't know at all."

"A ball dance? Just a minute ago it was a formal dinner night and now it's a ball dance. Oh god" said a flabbergasted Felix

"Don't worry; I will be there with you. It's not like I am sending you alone. Why are you afraid?"

"Maybe because we both are men..duh... What would all the people say? It's too unorthodox."

"I don't care what those people say. They don't know anything about us."

"Still, it's too much. Sorry."

"Please... please... you know I cannot go alone." Said hyunjin who was making puppy eyes for the first time since they knew each other

"Fine, fine... But if anything happens then you will be responsible."

"Don't worry, everything will turn out great."

"I hope so."
_______________________________________
At the evening...

Felix was getting ready for going out for dinner with hyunjin and he was getting more nervous as the time came closer. Although he had agreed to be his partner for the night he was worried if anything bad will happen. Several thoughts were going around in his head and that was visible in his face. Although all other members were happy with the progress, they were also worried about the consequences of having a male partner for a dinner.

"Hyung, am I looking good?" Asked Felix who was nervous about everything right now

"Don't worry Felix, you look beautiful." Said minho

"I still don't know if it's a good idea to have a male companion in a dinner event."

"I am sure hyunjin will take care of you. You believe him, right?"

"Of course, I believe him. But I am still worried."

"I know what you are worried about and honestly speaking, me too. But hyunjin will be there and if he asked you to be his partner that means he has thoroughly thought about this. You will be okay."

"I hope so."

"I think you should get going, it's already 5:30. Hyunjin will be waiting for you."

"Okay hyung, see you later."

Hyunjin had been waiting for Felix for quite some time. He was also nervous about taking Felix as his plus one, but he was sure that he doesn't want anyone else to be his companion. He didn't know if Felix will come or change his mind at the last moment but he hoped that Felix would keep his word. Hyunjin was standing in front of the building along with his car and it would be an understatement to say he looked dapper. After some time a black silhouette appeared near the building entrance and after some time it was clear that it was the person hyunjin had been waiting for.

Clad in a black notch lapel tuxedo and a bronze-colored rose lapel pin adorned on his chest, Felix looked breathtaking. No words can explain what hyunjin was experiencing at that moment but whatever it was, it surely made his heart beat faster.

At that moment a thought suddenly popped up in his mind and no matter how much he tried to shake away the feeling, he was not able to do so. He will try to make Felix love him. But what he didn't know was that Felix was feeling the same thing after seeing him that day. He will try to make hyunjin love him.

Felix slowly approached hyunjin and wanted to say something but he didn't and just kept on looking at him. They both kept on staring at each other for quite some time before hyunjin broke away the silence and said

"You look ethereal."

And this was just the start of the eventful evening.