Chapter 16

“Will you give me the pleasure of calling you mine?” was what hyunjin asked and Felix couldn’t be happier.

Although he had liked hyunjin for some time now, he never thought of having hyunjin as his boyfriend and when the moment was upon him, he could figure out what to say. He was stunned.

“Felix, are you okay? Did you hear what I asked?” said hyunjin after a few minutes of waiting for Felix's answer

“Yes… Yes, I will be your boyfriend… it’s thousand times yes from me.” Said Felix who was both smiling and crying now

After hearing his answer, hyunjin was ecstatic, to say the least. In his mind, a lot of scenarios were going on when he was speaking out his heart, but none were close to the perfectness of this.

“Thank you… Thank you so much… it may not always be a bed of roses but what I can assure you is that for the thorns, I would be in front of you, Always.”

That night, they both made a promise to themselves in their minds, to hold and cherish each other no matter what happens in the future. Their love was going to be tested and it was inevitable but they wanted to go through that together. The day which started with no expectations had turned into an event of their life cause this day marked the beginning of a new chapter of their lives, a chapter full of love, happiness, sorrows, and struggles. This was the start of their relationship.

After sitting in the silence of the night and enjoying each other’s presence for some minutes, hyunjin started to speak something which grabbed Felix's attention almost immediately.

“You know, I never thought this day would ever come in my life but now that it did, I am the happiest man on earth. But with happiness comes a lot of worries and my mind is starting to think of everything that will happen if our relationship goes public. We will be the first openly gay celebrity couple in Korea and I don’t know if that’s a title I want to earn. So can I ask you something?”

“Yes, go ahead.”

“Do you mind if we keep our relationship a bit low profile for a few days? I am not asking you to date me secretly forever; because I will never do that to the person I love. I want to openly love and hold my boyfriend but we know that it isn’t ideal in our case. You are a famous celebrity and an idol; I am the boss of your company and a chaebol.”

“So before our relationship comes out to the public, I need to take out JYP entertainment from the public stock market and buy off all the remaining stock shares, so that later I won’t have to face the same situation as park jin young. I will be the sole shareholder of the company and no one will question me. Are you willing to wait until that happens? It will take around two weeks at max.” said hyunjin

“I am okay with keeping our relationship a secret hyunjin. You don’t have to worry about that. I also know the repercussions of this coming out in the open and it honestly scares me.” Said Felix with a sigh

“You don’t have to be afraid. As long as I am there, no one will be able to harm you or your group. Believe me. I will make sure of that.”

“I believe you, more than you think I do.”

“And I want to ask another thing for the sake of our relationship. Please trust me more than you trust the news sources. Last time, you misunderstood me by yourself and were devastated without even talking it out with me. I don’t want that to happen again. So talk with me about everything that bothers you. I will tell you everything honestly, I promise that.”

“Don’t worry about that anymore. I know that you love me and that’s enough for me to know. And I also promise that I will communicate more with you. I know that proper communication and trust are the pillars of a healthy and happy relationship.” Said Felix while smiling.

He had never thought about having this kind of conversation with hyunjin and now that he did, he was thoroughly amused.

“So, should we go back to our apartments now, Mr. lee Felix?” asked hyunjin playfully

“Certainly, Mr. Hwang.” Said Felix who broke out into a fit of laughter after that.

While driving back to their apartment, the car was filled with silence yet again. They both were at peace knowing that their love for each other was finally being recognized and reciprocated. Hyunjin was driving with one hand and keeping the other linked with Felix for the whole ride.

After they reached their buildings, they took their sweet time before exiting the car. Simply said, they didn’t want to be away from each other right now, not when they were finally in a relationship after having a crush on each other for so many days.

“Hyunjin, can I ask you a question?” asked Felix

“You don’t have to always ask me before asking anything. Remember that you are my boyfriend now. I am still your boss at work but outside the working time, I am your boyfriend. Remember that.”

“Alright then answer me. What would you have done if I hadn’t accepted you today after your confession?”

“Then I would have done nothing. I will still be your boss but depending on whether you want me as a friend or not, I would have tried to stay away from you and move on. It would be hard, very hard, but I would have tried.” Answered hyunjin

“Then what would you do if someday I decided to break up with you?”

“Then also I would have done nothing. I will never go against you, Felix. Even if you fell out of love with me, I would have still cared and supported you from afar. After you give me your reason for breaking it off, I will try to make you stay, but if you are completely sure, then I will let you go. Letting go is also a part of loving someone wholeheartedly.”

After listening to hyunjin’s answers, Felix felt somewhat proud of his boyfriend. Although he expected hyunjin to be like this, he didn’t expect hyunjin to be one of the hopeless romantic types. Felix was suddenly brought back to reality when hyunjin waved his hand in front of him.

“Hey, are you okay? Did you even listen to anything I said?”

“What? Sorry, I couldn’t hear you. What did you say?”

“I have to confess one more thing right now as it’s weighing me down. Will you like to listen to me?”

“Sure, go ahead.”

After contemplating whether to say it or not hyunjin finally decided to come clean.

“I have actually known you much longer than these three months. I have known you for three years now.” Said hyunjin sheepishly

“What? How?”

“Do you remember your group’s LA tour three years prior?”

“I don’t remember much but I do recall something vaguely.”

“During your group's tours three years back, you had a concert in LA. I don’t remember if it was after your concert or before, but someday you and your group members were taking a break and decided to visit the golden gate bridge. Do you remember that?”

“I do actually. A lot of unexpected things happened but that is a happy memory for me.”

“Do you remember a guy trying to jump off the bridge and you all trying to save him somehow after you all spotted him?” said hyunjin in a solemn manner

“Oh god. I do remember that and it is not a happy memory certainly. But how do you know all this?” asked Felix curiously

“I was also there.”