Chapter 22

It had been nearly a week since hyunjin and Felix returned from their Japan trip. Although they wanted to spend some more time with each other, they had to return because of their work. The day after the date in the park, they both went on a shopping spree and boarded their jet in the evening. They also brought lots of gifts to give to their members as a token of peace before they start teasing these two once more. After they returned to their normal monotonous life, they tried to meet each other nearly every day. The whole week, Felix had been having his lunch in hyunjin’s office along with him.

They both were keeping their relationship a secret till now as they didn’t want any unnecessary attention from their staff members. Although some rumors began to fly around, hyunjin was quick on his feet to disperse such rumors and punish those who violated the company’s policy. Hyunjin had just left on a business trip to India and Felix was already missing him. They had been spending their days in each other’s company so much that they didn’t want to be away even for a while. All in all, everything was going great till that day.
_______________________________________

“Sir, I have to relay a message to you urgently.” Said Daniel while bursting into hyunjin’s hotel room

“God, Can’t I have even a moment of silence? What is it, Daniel?” asked hyunjin a bit irritated after all the traveling around and impending jet lag

“Sir, I just received the news from the general manager that Mr. Felix has taken a leave and is supposedly going to Australia right now.” Said Daniel hurriedly which didn’t let hyunjin properly process what he had just said but when he did, he didn’t understand what he meant

“Sir, it’s his mother. This morning, he got a call from his family back in Australia that his mother was admitted to a hospital because she had a heart attack. Therefore he took a leave and is on the plane now.”

“What? Why was I not informed of this earlier?” thundered hyunjin

“Sir, I just got the news and I rushed here to tell you.” said Daniel meekly

“Has Felix already taken off from Korea?”

“Yes sir. His plane left nearly an hour ago.”

“Okay, good. What about the members? Aren’t they going with him? Is he going alone?” asked hyunjin worriedly

“The members had a very important event coming up tonight so they couldn’t leave right away but they will be leaving tomorrow.”

“Alright, that makes sense. Book my flight to Australia, right now.”

“But sir, you just completed your meeting and you are completely exhausted. I don’t think it’s a good idea to travel right now.” Suggested Daniel

“No, I must go right now. Felix is all alone in Australia and I am worried. Just do what I asked of you.”

“Fine sir, if you insist.” Said Daniel before going out of the room and leaving hyunjin alone in his room.

Hyunjin was worried about Felix. Hyunjin had experienced this three years back and he certainly didn’t want Felix to go through this. Although he knew that he might not be a great help, he wanted to be there for Felix during his hard times. He knew that if Felix did something like what he had tried to do, then he wouldn’t be able to forgive himself for the rest of his life.
_______________________________________

Hyunjin had arrived in Australia just an hour before but he was still at the airport as he didn’t know where to go. He neither had Felix's home address nor did he have the hospital name. To top it all off, he had not been in contact with Felix. It was not that he didn’t want to contact him, it was more of he wasn’t able to contact him. Felix’s phone had been switched off from the previous day and it made hyunjin more worried than he already was.

Now sitting in the airport’s café, hyunjin was waiting for the other members to arrive shortly as they knew the address. The address point was completely off hyunjin’s mind and when he remembered that he didn’t know the address, he couldn’t even call the other members as they had already taken off.

After waiting for some time, hyunjin noticed the hurried footsteps of six other people who he instantly recognized to be the other members. Hyunjin had previously informed the members about his decision to fly to Australia as he was worried for Felix and fortunately for him, no one objected to the idea.

But he was not sure how he was supposed to greet Felix's parents as he didn't know if Felix had come out to them previously. He didn’t want Felix to go through another hard phase due to him and so he decided on introducing himself as his friend.

After some time they all left the airport and went to the hospital where Felix was. After they reached the hospital, hyunjin sent all the members inside before stepping in. He was a bit nervous to meet Felix's parents and also Felix as he had no idea of hyunjin being in Australia. After walking around for a bit, he noticed a corridor where everyone he knew was gathered around and then finally he saw the person he had been waiting to see. Although hyunjin wanted to run into his arms and hug him as hard as he could, he had to consider the possibility of Felix's father being there. He then began his nervous footsteps and soon enough he was near all of them. Felix was shocked to see him there as he didn’t expect hyunjin to fly over.

“Wha…What are you doing here?” asked a bewildered Felix

“I came because I was worried about you. Do you want me to leave? I can if you say so.” Answered hyunjin calmly

“No, I didn’t mean that. I am just a bit surprised to see you here. Aren’t you supposed to be in India right now?”

“How can I be away from you when you are struggling here? Don’t worry about anything else Felix. It will be okay.”

“Thank you for coming here although you didn’t need to.” Said Felix

“By the way, how is your mother doing? Is she alright?” asked hyunjin

“She is still unconscious, but she is stable now.” Said Felix whose face clearly portrayed the sadness he felt in his heart as he said it

“Don’t worry Felix. Everything is going to be alright. Your mother is strong, and therefore you also need to be strong.”

“I guess you are right.” Said Felix half-heartedly

As they were busy talking, a man in his fifties approached them and it didn’t take much time for hyunjin to know that this man was Felix's father. Even though he was in his fifties, the man had charm and a certain aura around him. As Felix's father approached them, hyunjin began to be nervous yet again. He was not able to calm down his nerves at all in such a situation. Felix noticed this and was quick to pat hyunjin’s back as a way of encouragement and while he was doing so, his father came near them.

“What are you doing here Felix? Who is this?” asked hyunjin’s father who then diverted his attention to hyunjin and as if on cue, hyunjin started to introduce himself

“Good morning Mr. Lee. I am Hwang hyunjin and I am his friend.” said hyunjin while bowing politely and as gracefully as he could. He really wanted to make a good first impression

“Nice to meet you hyunjin. I am Lee Byung Hun. But are you residing in Australia? How come you are here?” asked Felix's father

“I live in Korea, sir. I just flew here this morning.” Said hyunjin

“Oh.” That was all his father said before giving an amused look to Felix.

Felix who had been holding in his laugh for quite some time now, couldn’t take it anymore and burst out laughing much to the astonishment of hyunjin. He didn’t know what was so funny that both the father-son duo was laughing at the same time. Felix noticed his expression and decided to end hyunjin’s confusion.

“You don’t have to worry about anything. He kn--”

“I know that you are the man who is dating my son.”