Chapter 14

Although Felix and hyunjin had arrived at the venue ten minutes back, they were still waiting outside the venue. Felix was panicking right now and hyunjin was trying to calm his nerves. After some time when hyunjin was able to calm down Felix, they finally decided to go inside.

"Should we go inside?" asked hyunjin with a reassuring smile

"Yes, let's go. I am ready now."

"You will be okay. Don't worry; I am here."

Felix just nodded after listening to hyunjin and took a few deep breaths to calm himself down. Hyunjin started the car again and drove to the entrance of the villa where the party was being held. Although he was also nervous about this, he didn't show it to keep Felix from panicking more than he already was. After the valet opened the door for hyunjin, he went out and opened the door for Felix himself. Although it might not seem like a big deal it still gave butterflies to Felix.

"Now If you may then please link your hands with mine." Said hyunjin while fidgeting with his tux

"What will people say? No, I accepted your request for coming to the party but not this. It will be too much."

"Fine, as you wish. Now let's go inside, shall we?"

"Yes, let's go."

As soon as hyunjin and Felix walked inside the ball room, all eyes were on them. They could hear the small chatter of everyone whispering about them and this made Felix more anxious than he was before. Hyunjin noticed this and tried to calm Felix down by standing in front of him to block him from everyone's view. Just at that moment, the party's host and the lady of the house came towards them to welcome the pair.

"Welcome, welcome...Thank you for coming and I hope you didn't have a hard time finding the place." said the host of the party

"Thank you for inviting us, Mr. Min." said hyunjin

"The last time I saw you, was at your parent's funeral... you have certainly grown up by then." Said the lady

"Thank you for your sweet words. It's always a pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Min."

"And who do we have here, is he your assistant? Mr. Hwang, I know that you are busy with your work but that doesn't mean you won't bring a partner for the dance."

"You are mistaken Mr. Min, He is not my assistant but Felix, an idol for my company and he is my partner for the night."

Both Mr. and Mrs. Min gave each other a shocked look. Never in their wildest dreams had they imagined hyunjin with a male partner for the dance and they didn't look pleased with the idea.

"Mr. Hwang, how can you bring a male partner for the dance? It's traditional to have a lover as the dance partner."

"And is it written anywhere that my dance partner can't be a male Mr. Min? I don't think so."

"Alright, you do you. But please make sure that no one is bothered by this. I don't want any inconvenience in my party." Said Mr. Min before they both left the pair to greet other people who arrived

Felix who had been hiding behind hyunjin the whole time tugged on his suit to bring hyunjins attention towards him. That guy was sweating buckets right now and Hyunjin started regretting his decision to bring him to the party. Although he wanted Felix to be his partner, he didn't want Felix to be nervous the whole time.

Hyunjin took out his handkerchief and moved his hand to wipe away Felix's sweat in front of all the people but this time he didn't hesitate. No one can tell whether he was sure of his feelings or he didn't care about anyone else at that moment but the only thing he noticed and paid attention to was Felix.

When Felix realized what hyunjin was doing, he backed up a bit in surprise but still let him continue what he was doing.
_______________________________________

Throughout the party, hyunjin didn't leave Felix's side even once in case something happened to him. They both were given many weird looks the entire evening but that didn't bother hyunjin even a bit because he simply didn't care about anyone else.

After some time when the dance time came, many couples went down to the dance floor, yet Felix was hesitating because of social norms. He was afraid that someone might say something hurtful about hyunjin. Although he wanted to dance with him, he tried to suppress his wishes but unfortunately for him, his desires didn't go unseen by hyunjin.

"Do you want to dance? If yes, then let's go." Asked hyunjin

"I do want to dance, but I don't want to dance in front of those old people who are constantly going to judge us."

"But you do want to dance with me? Don't you?" asked hyunjin with a hopeful look

"Yes, I do."

"Then come with me."

Before Felix could react to anything, hyunjin was already holding his hand and leading him out of the ballroom. Not long after they reached a garden on the opposite side of the villa, away from all the commotion and chatter of the people. It was a well-maintained garden with long trees surrounding the complete circumference of the place which was dimly lit by golden-colored fairy lights put under those trees.

In the middle of the garden was a silver-colored gazebo that was shining in different hues of gold and white. The full moon in the sky made the place look more magical than it already was. Although Felix liked the place very much, he was still not sure as to why they were there instead of the ballroom.

"This place is beautiful but why are we here instead of the ballroom?" asked Felix

"You said that you wanted to dance. So here we are, away from those old geezers. Honestly speaking, I was bored too."

"What? Are you crazy? How can we dance here?"

"Like this." Replied hyunjin while pulling out his ear pods from the pocket and inserting one each into his and Felix's ear. He then played the song 'can't help falling in love' by kina Grannis.

All in all, it was a perfect place for a dance.

"Now, will you do me the honor of having your first dance of this night?" said hyunjin while taking Felix's hands into his and placing Felix's one hand on his waist.

Felix was too stunned to speak. A month back he couldn't even imagine having a conversation with hyunjin and now he was dancing with him under the moonlight all alone. It all seemed like a pleasant dream to him from which he never wanted to wake up. Slowly he started moving his feet to match the rhythm of hyunjin and soon they both were dancing smoothly to the music. It all was very much like a fairytale but it was happening in real life.

They both were looking into each other's eyes while dancing and it made them fall harder than ever. Felix's freckles shined like the stars on a clear night and it made him look even more alluring. They kept on staring at each other for the entirety of the music and soon the music ended, yet they didn't let go of each other. They were too immersed in each other to notice the dark clouds that had appeared in the sky and instantly something clicked inside hyunjin. This was the moment.

"I'm sorry." Said hyunjin slowly with a breathy voice

"For what?" asked a surprised Felix

"For this."

It started raining at that exact second and then it happened.

Their First Kiss.