Chapter 18

"we are boyfriends now."

The surprise was clearly evident on the face of chan now. Although he knew about Felix's crush on hyunjin, he had never expected hyunjin to feel the same for Felix too. He was certainly happy, but he was worried too and he was not a master in keeping a poker face all the time so Felix was able to sense something. Felix knew that his leader was certainly happy about him and he will support him no matter what and none of his group members were homophobic, so he was not able to understand what chan was worried about.

“Hyung, aren’t you happy for me? is there any problem?” asked Felix

“No, it’s not like that Felix. I am happy that your love came true and that you two are now in a relationship. It’s just that I don’t know how our fans would react and how it will turn out.”

“Hyung, I know. I know that many of our fans will probably flip out but some will definitely stay. I also know how homophobic of a country Korea is but I trust hyunjin. He is not only my boyfriend but also our boss. He will protect us. Don’t worry.”

“I also trust hyunjin. He has proved himself capable of handling a delicate situation. But I am just afraid for you. You know, right? That you will get a lot of hate. I don’t want your mental health to degrade due to that.”

“Don’t worry hyung. Everything will be fine. Let’s go to sleep now, I am too tired.”

“Fine, let’s go to sleep. Goodnight Felix.”

“Goodnight hyung.”
_______________________________________

The next day Felix woke up to the sound of a call ringing from his phone. After sitting up he picked up the phone from his bedside table to notice that it was a call from hyunjin.

“Good morning, did you just wake up? I am sorry for calling you so early.” Said hyunjin in a rather cheerful voice

“Hello to you too. I just woke up but it's okay, why did you call me this early in the morning? Did something happen?” asked Felix frantically

“No no, it’s nothing like that. I just called to inform you about my plans for today so that you don’t get upset about me not hanging out with you. I actually have a meeting in another company and it might take me some time before I am free. So I don’t think you will be able to see me today. I wanted to inform you beforehand so that you don’t misunderstand it as me ignoring you."

“Don’t worry. I won’t feel that way. You can take care of your meetings. I won’t disturb you.”

“But what if I want to be disturbed by you?” asked hyunjin in a smug voice. Felix could even feel his smirk through the phone.

“Still I won’t disturb you. Now hang up the call. I have to get ready.”

“Fine. Have a good day Felix. Love you.”

“Focus on your work Mr Romantic. goodbye.” Said Felix with a dramatic sigh before hanging up the phone.

The rest of the day went pretty eventful for all of them. Felix decided that he wanted the members to know about their relationship and therefore told them while they were practicing. Everyone was shocked, to say the least. They didn’t expect Felix and hyunjin’s love story to progress so quickly. Although everyone was still worried about the hate they will receive, their worries were laid down to rest after Felix assured them about hyunjin.

The rest of the day the members practiced hard and decided to take a break for the next few days. This was the rule that hyunjin had implemented after joining the company that allowed all the artists of the company to take small breaks from time to time as long as they were not in the promotional period. Although everyone was skeptical about implementing such a rule, after a few weeks, everyone got used to the comfortable working environment.

As the day ended and everyone walked out of the building to go back to the dorms they were welcomed by the sight of a visitor, their boss.

“So, are you all going to your dorms now?” asked hyunjin with a smile on his face

“Yes we are, but what are you doing here? Weren’t you busy with your meetings?” asked a bewildered Felix

“I was but not anymore. I wanted to see you so I am here. So, do you want to go on a date with me now?”

“I don’t know if you noticed but apart from Felix, there are six of us here who are single. So don’t be all that lovey-dovey in front of us. Just take him and go on your gross couple date.” Said minho with an exasperated sigh before pulling all the members along with him into the van.

As the van finally left the place and disappeared out of their view, only hyunjin and Felix were left at the roadside.

“Should we go now?”

“Yes, let’s go.” Said Felix whose excitement was visible in his face

“Tell me, where do you want to go then? I can arrange anything for you.” asked hyunjin while holding open the door of his car for Felix to enter

“I actually have a thing on my bucket list, I want to enjoy a nighttime riverside date. Can we do that?”

“Sure, let’s go then.”

After driving for a while they both reached an open place along the Hangang River. With the bright lights slowly dimming away as they drove away, it gave them both a sense of peace and tranquility. It was exceptional. When they found a suitable place to park the car and get out, Felix realized that he was hungry from all the practice they did today. When he informed hyunjin, he offered to take him to a nice restaurant for dinner but Felix declined.

He wanted to have a ramen date night with hyunjin. Although hyunjin tried to persuade him to go to a nearby restaurant, Felix persisted and started pouting. Not being able to stand his pout, hyunjin finally gave in and they both went into a nearby convenience store but not before Felix wore a mask to conceal his identity.

After roaming through the aisles multiple times, Felix finally decided on his ramen menu and they both went to the counter to pay. A young girl was working the counter at that time and it irked Felix that she was taking longer than usual to process their order.

She was acting flirty in front of hyunjin and trying to have some slight touch when handing the card and the bags. After they were finally done with the payment, Felix stormed out of the store, and hyunjin not being able to understand what was going on, just followed Felix.

“Hey, what happened? Why are you angry?” asked hyunjin after finally catching up to Felix

“How can I not be angry when another person was trying to flirt with my boyfriend in front of me? Why did you let her touch your hand?”

“I didn’t do that intentionally Felix. And if you are forgetting, then I am gay. I don’t flirt with girls.” Said hyunjin who didn’t receive any response from the other. After a few minutes of the silent treatment, hyunjin couldn’t take it anymore.

“I am sorry for that Felix. Tell me, what can I do to make you feel better?” asked hyunjin with a pleading look which Felix couldn’t resist but he didn’t want to give up just yet and therefore decided to mess with him.

“Take me on a trip to Japan and maybe I will consider forgiving you.” said Felix in a joking manner.

Felix could swear that he said it as a joke, but he forgot who he was with.

“That’s it? Then let’s go.”