Chapter 39

6 YEARS LATER…

“I don’t think he loves me anymore.” Said Felix

“Why do you think so, Felix?” asked chan

At the moment, Felix was in the group dormitory’s living room along with all of his members. Even though they had been very successful, the members still preferred living together to being alone in some big apartment. The only exception was Felix.

He had moved in with Hyunjin to his penthouse two years back and had left the dormitory. The past six years had changed a lot of things. The group had reached new heights of popularity even though their ranking dipped when Felix came out.

But after some time, due to Hyunjin’s business acumen and the group's evident efforts in their music, they were able to focus more on the international market rather than the Korean one and reached new heights with their popularity soaring day by day. The only thing still similar was the hatred towards them in the Korean industry.

The group always ranked high on the international charts but when it came to the Korean charts, they were always snubbed of the awards. But right now, none of these mattered to Felix as he was worried about his relationship problems that had arisen after all these years.

“Why do you think so, Felix?” asked chan

“He doesn’t love me anymore. Before this month, whenever I said that I was feeling bored or lonely, he would always come back to me right away. Whenever I called him, he would always talk to me no matter how busy he was but all these have changed now. He doesn’t pick up my calls sometimes and even when he does, he is always busy with one thing or another. He comes late at night and leaves early in the morning without even saying anything.” Rambled Felix who was agitated with Hyunjin’s behavior.

“Maybe his workload has increased now that he controls another company. I don’t think he will ever stop loving you from what I have seen.” Said Minho

“Yeah, I also agree with minho. That guy would probably kill anyone who tries to harm you. He dotes on you way too much to not give you any attention. I am sure it is because of his workload.” Reassured Han

“I know that. But I still can’t shake off the feeling that something is shady. I have decided that I will ask him about this tonight, no matter how late he arrives at home.” Said Felix with a stern face

As soon as he said it, his phone started ringing up. Felix took out the phone from his pocket and was going to cut the call as he was not in the mood to talk but he stopped suddenly when he saw who was calling him. He didn’t take any more time to pick up the call and as soon as he picked it up, he was greeted with a very familiar voice that he had been craving to hear. It was Hyunjin.

“Hey, what are you doing, love?” asked Hyunjin with his voice as cheerful as ever

“Nothing much. I am with the group at the dorm now. Did you need anything from the home? Why did you call me?” asked Felix with anticipation

“Do I need a reason to call my Boyfriend? I just wanted to hear your voice and let you know that we are going on a date tonight, so be ready, lixiee.” Said hyunjin

“A date? So suddenly?” asked a bewildered Felix

“Is there any problem? I thought that since we have not gone on a date for so long, I will take you out today. Do you have other plans?” asked hyunjin feeling a bit sad

“No no… I am free. I will be ready in the evening then.”

“Great. I will pick you up in the evening. So be ready before that, love.” Said hyunjin before hanging up the phone

“What is he trying to do now?” murmured Felix to himself
_______________________________________

The whole morning and the afternoon, Felix had been panicking because of their date. Hyunjin had once again called him before to let him know that he should wear something formal for today’s date and Felix now had no idea as to what he should wear. Furthermore, he couldn’t shake off the feeling that something was fishy, because Hyunjin had never taken him out on a date without asking him before the day.

Felix couldn’t wrap his head around what Hyunjin was doing because he was acting differently than he usually does and it irritated Felix. Felix was so lost in thoughts that he didn’t even notice Hyunjin who drove his car to the building entrance to pick him up.

But he was soon brought back to reality when Hyunjin came near him and kissed him without saying anything. They both then got inside the car and Hyunjin began driving to the venue which he hadn’t yet disclosed to Felix even though Felix had asked him a zillion times.

They both reached the desired venue soon enough and Hyunjin stepped out of the car to open the door for Felix. Felix had his eyes blindfolded like every other time but his doubts were soon put to rest when he saw the place Hyunjin had brought him to. They were currently standing in the middle of nothing but pine trees with snow covering the leaves and Strings of fairy lights hanging over them.

There were no tables or chairs or anything for that matter in that place and Felix couldn’t understand why they were there but he still had a gut feeling seeing Hyunjin being Nervous.

He didn’t want to imagine it and be disappointed later but he couldn’t stop himself from thinking about that. His attention was soon brought back when Hyunjin said something.

“I know that you might have a vague idea as to what I am going to do. But I need you to be very serious now, Felix. I am going to ask you a question and you can only answer that with a yes or no.” Said Hyunjin gently

“Okay.” Was all Felix said

“Then I am asking my question now. Do you want me to propose to you right now, Lee Felix?”

Felix’s heart went crazy at that moment. Although he had expected a different question, he was now sure that he was going to be asked that pretty soon. He recollected his thoughts and calmed himself down before answering Hyunjin.

“Yes.”

And then it happened. Without saying any other words, Hyunjin just got down on one knee and in one swift motion brought out a ring from his pocket. It all seemed like a dream to Felix who had been thinking about Hyunjin not loving him anymore. But here he was, kneeling before Felix with a ring in his hand and tears in his eyes while looking up at him with the same smile he had given him for the past seven years.

“I thought about a lot of things to say to you before asking you to marry me but now that I am here, I can’t bring myself to say anything to you except that one question.” Confessed Hyunjin with a sigh

“You are my love, life, and destiny. You have saved me in more ways than once and this life of mine is dedicated to you. Growing old with you will be a blessing that I crave. Our love has been scrutinized many times in different ways and we have stood tall through it all. I am not afraid of going to hell as they say it. I don’t need paradise because I have you. You are my home and my home is my heaven. I respect you and love you for the person you are and I don’t know what I would do if I didn’t have you in my life. I won’t say any more pretentious things before you; After all, I am just a boy, standing in front of another boy, asking him to love me. So, Can I keep you and never let you go? Can I hold your hand and hug you tight? Can I tell the world how lucky I am to have you in my life? Can you be mine for the rest of my life? With this, I am here to ask you; Will you marry me, lee Felix?”

Felix was astounded by Hyunjin’s proposal. There were tears in his eyes and a blush on his cheeks. With a swift motion, Felix grabbed Hyunjin’s shoulder and made him stand up before hugging him tightly as if his life depended on it. They both were crying with the overflow of emotions and for both of them, time didn’t pass at that moment. With red cheeks stained with tears and a shivering body, Felix extended his hand for Hyunjin to put the ring in and said the words that Hyunjin had been dying to hear for so long.

“I will marry you, Hwang Hyunjin.”