Chapter 36

“Should I also take your life?”

As soon as Jae heard this he started trembling in fear. Never in his wildest dreams had he expected this to happen with him and now that he was facing this he had no idea how to react to this.

“Don’t worry, I was just joking.” Said hyunjin before breaking out into a laugh which was anything but pleasant. It was sinister, to say the least.

“Oh.” That was all the man could say before being escorted to the door by hyunjin who had his hands placed on his shoulders. But before he could close the door and leave the room, hyunjin stopped him in his tracks and again whispered something.

“Remember what I said earlier. And just to let you know, I never joke. Goodbye.” Said hyunjin before pushing the man out and closing the door after him.

As soon as the man left the room and the doors were closed, hyunjin let out a deep sigh before turning around to face everyone who was in the room. Everyone was shocked, to say the least, and it was evident on their faces with their mouth agape and eyes wide open. They had never seen this side of hyunjin before and honestly, it was terrifying.

“Did I say anything wrong? Why are you all standing there like that?” asked a bewildered hyunjin

“No, it's not that you said anything wrong. It’s just that we have never seen this side of yours.” Said Felix

“So are you scared of me due to this?” asked hyunjin

“No, of course not, jinnie.” Reassured Felix

“Thank you for understanding. I am sure that what I did was legally unacceptable but I was so angry that I couldn’t even think of anything else. I have never played dirty before but this time I couldn't stand someone precious to me being hurt due to his actions. I am sorry if I made you uncomfortable.” Said hyunjin

“Don’t be sorry. We all know he deserved it and honestly, I would have punched him if he had said any more words out of his dirty mouth. So it's good that you stopped him using your words only.” Said minho with a huff

“Yes, what you did can be legally unacceptable but we all also know that we are not living in a dream world where everything can be resolved by using love and affection. Sometimes you have to become evil to fight the evil and as unfortunate as that might be it is the reality. So what you did was nothing more than an attempt to protect your loved one and we all admire that.” Said chan to reassure hyunjin about his actions.

“Yes, jinnie. Don’t be sorry for that. And to be completely honest, I found you quite hot when you were threatening that guy.” Said Felix in a whisper voice to not let others hear what he said

“Are you flirting with me, Mr. Felix?” asked hyunjin with a playful smile

“What if I am?”

“Then I assure you that you will not be able to walk tomorrow morning.” Said hyunjin before wrapping his arms around Felix's waist and bringing him closer to peck his cheeks.

“Ewww, just get a room.” Said han with a face of disgust

“There is a room in the office actually.” Said hyunjin with a smirk which earned him a playful smack on the arm

As they were talking about different issues and relaxing for a bit, Daniel came inside to inform hyunjin about the press conference that he had scheduled in the afternoon. Although hyunjin knew that the press coverage will have little effect on the protesting crowd, he wanted to be done with it once and for all. He had previously asked Felix if he was comfortable having the conference and upon getting the affirmation, he went ahead and scheduled one on the same day.

“Sir, the press conference has been scheduled. Would you like me to do anything else?” asked Daniel

“Thank you, Daniel. I would like you to make the appropriate arrangement for my brother’s arrival. Make sure nothing happens to them.”

“I will take care of it, sir. Then I will take my leave now.” Said Daniel before leaving the room to return to his work

“Do you have to do the press conference? I cannot help but be worried about you two.” Said chan

“We will be okay, hyung. I agreed to the conference after pondering about it carefully. I know that some or rather many questions would be quite hateful but I think that I should just come out once and for all. I don’t want to deny it anymore and I don’t want people to think that I am a coward.” Said Felix

“If you want to do it then I will let you do it. I just hope that you take care of each other and don’t give in to the pressure.” Said chan

“Don’t worry, hyung. We will be okay.” Said hyunjin to reassure chan.
_______________________________________

As the time for the press conference came closer and closer the nervousness of all the members was going up. Even hyunjin and Felix who decided to have the press conference were anxious as to what this was going to entail. Although they wanted to come out of their shell, they couldn’t shake off the feeling of something ominous going to happen.

To prevent any unfortunate events, hyunjin had done extensive preparations for everyone’s safety and wellbeing. Armed guards had been stationed at all the exit and entry points and security officers were checking everyone who had a pass to come inside. No one could come inside without being duly invited by hyunjin.

The time was finally upon them to start the press conference and although Felix felt the need to run away from the venue, he didn’t do so because he knew that they both needed this to have a chance at leading a happy life. It didn’t help that he couldn’t shake off the nervousness but fortunately, hyunjin noticed this.

“Are you okay? You look quite nervous.” Said hyunjin while grabbing Felix’s hands and giving them a little squeeze to calm him down

“I am okay, jinnie. Just a little nervous.” Said Felix

“I will be with you all the time. Don’t worry.” Said hyunjin but before he could say anything else Daniel arrived there to ask them to come inside as it was time for the press conference.

“Should we go, love?” asked hyunjin

“Yes, let’s just get it done with.” Answered Felix before he and hyunjin both went inside the room at the same time.

As soon as they entered the room, the photographers got busy clicking their pictures. Even though Felix was used to it by now, he was still not able to properly look ahead due to the large number of camera flashes continuously going off. He wanted to run away at that moment, he wanted to scream but he controlled himself. He didn’t want to give people more reason to troll him or hyunjin. Soon they both sat down at their allocated chairs and the press moderator announced the beginning of the press conference.

“Hello everyone, I am Lee Felix. I am an idol and a member of the k-pop group stray kids. As you all know we are gathered here to address the accusations that were brought against me this morning.”

“Good afternoon, everyone. I am Hwang Hyunjin, the CEO of JYP Entertainment and--” Hyunjin took a deep breath to calm down before continuing

“And I am Felix’s Boyfriend.”