Chapter 22

Chan had stayed quiet the whole week, he would give small glances to Jisung at work but that was the most of it. He didn't look mad or anything, he just looked lost and searching for some sort of answers.

Jisung wasn't the affectionate type, but he missed Chan's hug. He would never initiate them, yet he was really tempted to right now. Everyone else at their work place seemed to have noticed the distance they took, which bothered them even more. Jisung was snapped out of his thoughts when Chan put a case he was returning on his desk, not even looking into his eyes. The younger then got up as Chan turned around to leave, and before he could go any farther, Jisung hugged him from behind. He held him for a while, the older sighing heavily.

"I think that's the first time you've hugged me.." he could feel the tears welling up in his eyes, jisung only holding on tighter.

"You looked like you needed one" chan turned around to finally look into his eyes.

"Thanks ji..." he gave him a proper hug, both of them relaxing their bodies completely.

"Could we meet up tonight? All four of us? I haven't seen Minho in a week"

"How come?"

"Felix is...doing really bad..." a huge needle stung Chan's heart, just thinking about Felix crying brought him so much pain.

"We can meet up...but" he pulled away from the hug. "Their will be no guns, no drugs, nothing...just like before"

"I'll make sure of it, I just need to call Minho" they gave each other a small smile before continuing their work, Jisung texting his...special person on the side.

He wasn't answering his messages so he called him instead, waiting for him to pick up as he tapped his foot.

After it rang a few times, Minho finally picked up, but he sounded stressed.

"Hey ji...could I call you back later? Felix isn't doing so well" he could literally hear the blond crying in the background, but it sounded so painful, it came form the heart.

"Sure eh...Chan will be coming later tonight, is that ok?"

"Yeah just...hurry please" they hung up the phone, Jisung looking at Chan, wondering if he should tell him. The older quickly noticed that he looked concerned, and approached him once again.

"It's Felix...Minho won't tell me anything but, it doesn't sound good. He's been crying for days now, barely getting any sleep." Chan widened his eyes, bitting his lip out of guilt. He needed this time to think, but it would have to wait, he grabbed his coat and headed out the door. Jisung caught on and followed not far behind.

"Hang on Felix..."

                                    (๑>◡<๑)

"Do you think she'll be okay...?" The young boy asked his older brother, hand intertwined in his.

Minho didn't answer, he kept staring at the floor, only holding on tighter to his small hand, trying to be brave for the younger one.

They were sitting outside the hospital room, waiting patiently as they waved their feet back and forth on the chair in sync. All they could hear what was the faint beeping noise that pierced their ears.

Footsteps echoed on the walls, they sounded angry.

"Where is she??!" Their dad yelled, trying to open the room they were next to, a nurse came up to him.

"Sir she is under surgery, we are not allowed to interfere, please wait here" she stepped back inside the room, the beeping noise in the background getting less and less fast.

"Dad...?" Felix looked up at him.

He ruffled his hair in frustration, hitting over a pile of paper that was on a table, making both the boys flinch in their seats, sitting closer together.

"What...happened...?" He asked in a low tone, making both the boys look at each other, Minho too frozen to speak.

"We found m-mommy in the bathroom, she didn't l-look normal"

"What...?" He looked at them with ice in his eyes.

"Her face was pale like snow and the water around her was all red..." Felix had tears in his eyes remembering, he didn't understand It but he knew she was hurt.

"Where did the red come from...?"

"Her whole arm was cut opened dad.." Minho finally spoke, looking up at him. He pulled Felix into a hug, blocking his ears shut so he couldn't hear.

"She killed herself..."

"No...no no no! This isn't happening!!" Their dad hit the door repeatedly, so much so that it busted opened, as he rushed to his wife's side, not even caring that he was going to get in trouble for this.

The nurses tried to retrain him, being too busy to notice the two little boys coming in the room, looking at their mom laying down on the bed, her eyes closed and her face pale.

They walked up to her, Minho taking her hand that was bandaged up now, it was freezing. One of the nurses saw them...and she knew it was too late, they had seen the worst. She walked up to them calmly, laying a hand on both their shoulders.

"Is she going to be okay?" Felix asked, a blank expression on his face.

"I don't think so sweetheart...your mom was hurt very badly"

"Mommy...?" The heart beats started to go down even more, the beeping sound getting slower.

It felt like the world around them froze, yet the sound only decreased quicker. And in a matter of seconds...a thin line appeared on the screen, as their dad yelled out in pain, crashing to the floor. Felix broke down crying, holding his moms arm as Minho held her hand, still completely emotionless.

"So cold..." her hand didn't feel like it used to, when it was warm and comforting, now it was like stone, except it wasn't strong anymore, it was as fragile as a flower...that lost all of its petals.

The nurse knew he needed a distraction, so she took the only thing she had on her, a lighter.

She handed it to him, explaining to him how it worked, and he lit it, looking at the beautiful flame. With his dad's screams and his brothers loud cries, he found some peace in the flame, like a little home. The warmth his mother used to have. A hand on the lighter and one on the hand on his mother's dead body.

"Mommy!!" Felix cried out once again, his voice cracking as he did. He was too young to experience this, yet just old enough to understand that this was goodbye...forever.

<3

"Mom..." Felix let a tear out as he woke up suddenly, Minho right next to him. He hasn't left his side all week long, and he kept having the same nightmares, either when their mom died or after her death. His dad didn't handle it very well and it soon affected their lives for the worst.

"I miss her..." Felix said, continuing to cry as he did for so many days in a row, his eyes getting sick of it.

"I still didn't forgive her but...I miss her too" he held Felix on his chest, rubbing circles on his back as they heard the door open, then close.

"Felix?" He heard Chan call, he was so tired that he wasn't sure if this was a dream again or if it was genuinely him.

He walked in their bedroom, Chan not even waisting a second before going to lay on the bed with him, holding him like he never had before. The younger was shacking and sobbing on his chest, his state concerning Chan even more now.

Jisung then walked up to Minho, wrapping his arms around his neck, kissing his face.

"I'll keep my mouth shut if you keep yours..." Chan blurred out.

They all exchanged a look, nodding slowly.

"I won't sell any of you out...I just want to stay with the person I love...is that so much to ask for?"

"Apparently it is..."jisung held Minho's hand, looking into his brown eyes.

"We'll make it, all four of us. I don't fucking care what anyone says, I'm happy, I know Felix is, and that's all that matters to me. I'll make sure nothing happens to you or Jisung...you have my word Chan" the oldest nodded.

"Welcome to our side..."