8: Buck +Eddie ⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️

•Title: "The call"

•Requester:

•Warnings: This discusses suicidal thoughts and mental health. I will not be specifying a mental illness, but imagine something similar to bipolar.

•Inspiration: There was a call in an episode that Maddie takes, a woman calling because her brother is suicidal.

•Type: angst

A/N: Christopher won't be in this one shot. It's difficult to write a child with things like these. So, just pretend he is on like a school trip or something.

__________________________

Eddie sighs as he walks into the bedroom to see Buck still in bed. He looks at his phone to see they have to leave for work in forty five minutes at the latest.

"Buck, baby, you gotta get up," he says softly.

"No," Buck groans.

"Come on, Buck, it's time to get up. We have to go to work," Eddie says softly.

"No, we don't."

"Yes, yes we do. We're firefighters. we kinda have to go to work," Eddie says.

"I called in sick," is all Buck says before he pulls the blanket over himself.

"Okay, well I have to go. Call if you need anything. I mean it, Buck," Eddie says before kissing Buck on the side of his head and reluctantly leaving.

- - - - -

"What, no Buck?" Chimney asks as Eddie walks into the firehouse.

"No, I guess he called in sick," Eddie says and both men feel the small panic in their bodies.

"Let's get the next 24 hours with over with."

- - - - -

The team just got back to the house when Eddie's phone is ringing. He steps away from the others as he slides to answer the call.

"Hey, Buck," he says with a soft smile, it dropping when he hears heavy breaths, "Buck?"

"Eddie," Buck's voice is shaky and broken.

"Hey, baby, what's going on?"

"I just wanted to hear your voice and tell you I love you," Buck says.

"Buck, baby, what's going on?" Eddie's voice is raised and the others look over as he puts the call on speaker, signaling them to be quiet.

"I can't do this, Eddie. I can't live like this anymore."

"Evan, what did you do?" Eddie asks as tears rush down his face.

"I have to go, I love you," with that, the call ends. Eddie quickly dials 911.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"This is Firefighter Diaz with the 118. My team is on route to 6736 S Sherbourne Dr, but if anyone can get there quicker, please dispatch them. Possible suicide attempt," Eddie says as they sit in the truck.

"Eddie Diaz? as in my best friend's brother's boyfriend?"

"Let me guess, Josh?" Eddie questions.

"Yeah," the dispatcher says.

"Pulling up to the scene now. I'll call Maddie once we finish."

They rush into the house and to the bedroom. Buck is laying on the ground unconscious as blood gushes from his forearms and a mostly empty bottle of pills lays next to him.

"Buck, come on buckaroo," Hen says as she tries to get her team member to come to.

"I don't have a pulse, starting compressions," Chim says.

"Please save him," Eddie begs, being pulled from the room by Bobby. The captain is quick to hug the distressed man.

In a long moment, Hen and Chim rush from the bedroom with Buck groaning on a gurney.

"Oh thank god, Buck," Eddie follows them and into the back of the ambulance, "I'm here, baby. I'm right here."

"S-sorry," the man on the gurney says softly.

"No, don't apologize, it's okay. It's not your fault. We'll get you to the doctor, and they'll adjust your meds," Eddie says as he holds Buck's hand.

They get him into the hospital and Eddie sits in the waiting room. When Maddie arrives, the two hug one another. The rest of the 118 comes in a few hours later at the end of their shift.

"What happened, Eddie?" Maddie asks finally.

"His chemicals are off balance. I think deep down we all noticed, but we just wanted to think that's how he reacts to things with level chemicals. He'll physically be okay. The only worry now is getting the chemicals balanced again," Eddie responds.

"Oh, yeah, he'll love that," Chim says as everyone chuckles.

___________________________

A/N: I hope you enjoyed. I'm also FINALLY watching 911. Also Lonestar 3x08 HURT. I missed the Tarlos moments though.