19: Buck+Eddie⚠️⚠️

•Title: "secret"

•Requester:

•Warnings: abuse

•Inspiration: I don't really know

•Type: angst

A/N: In honor of 6b premiering tomorrow night, have some buddy angst.

_____ _____ _____

Buck walks into the restaurant with his hands shaking by his sides. He sees his parents sitting at a table and ducks behind a fake plant. He takes his phone out and types rapidly.

Buck: Hey, I'm here.

Eddie: Okay? Has anything happened?

Buck: No. I might be hiding behind a fake plant. Eddie, I can't do this.

Eddie: You can, mi amor. I know that you can. Just one step at a time, alright? I'll see you at work. I love you.

Buck: I love you.

Buck takes a deep breath and begins walking towards his parents. He still doesn't know how Maddie managed to convince him to show up to this, especially when she isn't here.

+ + + + +

Buck walks into the station two weeks after his first time seeing his parents on his own. He is wearing a red jacket over his gray t-shirt and just a pair of black sweats. He carries his duffel into the locker room and opens his locker before grabbing his uniform. He then ditches his bag and walks into the adjoining bathroom before changing his clothes.

"Did buck just change in the bathroom?" Chimney whispers to Eddie after Buck leaves the room.

"yeah, I think so," Eddie responds in confusion.

"Since when is Buckaroo self conscious?" Hen questions as she walks over.

"I'm not sure," Eddie responds.

The three of them walk away from one another before buck can see them. Eddie lingers for a moment, lost in his head.

+ + + + +

It is after the shift that Buck and Eddie are at Eddie's place. Buck is in the bathroom while Eddie finishes preparing their meal. Buck is standing in front of the vanity mirror with his shirt pulled up. He has dark purple bruises along his ribs. he pulls the shirt down and moves the sleeve to reveal his bruised shoulder before doing so to the other side.

Eddie walks in to see his bruised shoulder and gasps, "Buck, what the hell."

Buck quickly returns the sleeve to cover the bruises before turning around, "Eds, this is not that bad, okay? I just bumped my shoulder working out."

"Buck, those look like handprints. I saw the reflection," Eddie says as he crosses his arms.

"Just forget about it," buck says as he walks past his boyfriend.

"Buck-"

"No, Eddie. Just drop it," Buck says more sternly this time.

"Fine," Eddie holds his hands up in self defense, "it's dropped."

The two move to the table and eat in silence. It's not their usual silence of content, but a heavy silence. This one has unanswered questions that have yet to be asked.

+ + + + +

It's about two weeks later when everyone is lounging at the station. Ravi is down cleaning the rigs while the others are on the upper level. Bobby is cooking while Hen, Chimney, Eddie, and Buck are at the couches. Eddie and Hen are both reading while Chimney plays a video game. Buck is scrolling through his phone.

"Uh, can I help you?" Ravi's voice rings through the station.

"I'm looking for my son," a voice that Buck and Chimney recognize says shortly.

"Shit, what is he doing here?" Buck mutters, earning Eddie's attention.

Buck puts his phone in his pocket as he stands up, jogging down the stairs. Eddie watches how his hands shake as he walks. Chimney, Bobby, Hen, and Eddie walk to the railing to watch the scene. They see Ravi walk away as Buck reaches the man, who Chimney explained is his father. Eddie seems to be the only one to notice how far away from the man that Buck stands.

"W-what are you doing here?" Buck questions.

"You blew me off today," his father responds, "do you realize how disrespectful that is? I rearrange my day so that I am able to meet you around your schedule, and you blow me off."

"Dad, I'm sorry. I just woke up late and had to get here," Buck tries to reason.

"So you're too immature to get yourself up on time?"

"Okay, that's it," Eddie moves towards the stairs, being held back by Bobby.

"Wait a second," Bobby says, "we can't step in yet."

"I work longer shifts than you ever have. And in those shifts, I risk my life time and time again. So yeah, I overslept on one day," Buck says in defense.

The four stay at the railing but are instantly running as the scene suddenly escalates. Buck's father swings a fist that connects with his jaw. Eddie and Bobby are the first down the stairs. Eddie stands in front of Buck, facing his boyfriend. Bobby stands in front of Buck's father, puffing out his chest.

"I'm gonna have to ask you to leave," Bobby says sternly.

"You don't even understand what is happening here."

"We have eyes," Eddie says in his sassy tone.

Eddie turns his attention back to Buck and leads him away from the argument that is starting. They walk into the locker room, where Eddie has Buck sit on the bench. Eddie is quick to hand him a tissue, as his nose is bleeding.

"Eddie, I'm-"

"Don't you dare say that you're fine," Eddie says sternly.

"I am, though," Buck says.

"No, you aren't, mi amor. I need you to tell me what's been going on. I can't help you if I'm stuck in the dark," Eddie says as he cups his boyfriend's face.

Buck sighs as he pulls the tissue away and tosses it in the bin. He looks at the floor sadly before taking a deep breath, "it started shortly after that dinner at Chim's place."

"What started, Buck?" Eddie questions.

Buck looks up, past Eddie and towards the others. He sees Bobby and Chimney strong-arm his father and force him out of the station. Eddie sees the tension in Buck's shoulders ease up, turning to see what happened.

"He started abusing me. Again. He used to when I was a kid, probably hating me for not being able to save his actual son-the one he wanted," Buck says softly.

Eddie sighs, "why didn't you tell me?"

"How could I? I'm a firefighter. I'm supposed to be strong-"

"You are strong, Buck. You've held all of this on your shoulders. That's strength, but, Mi amor, you don't always need to be strong," Eddie says softly as he sits next to Buck.

Buck lets his walls come crashing down as he leans on Eddie, who wraps his arms around him. He begins to cry, the others hearing from outside the locker room but pretending they don't. Eddie holds him tightly as he keeps himself from crying too.

As Buck calms down, Bobby comes in to let the two of them know that they are off shift. They can go home when they're ready and he called in two of the B shift members. So, twenty minutes later, Eddie is leading Buck out to his truck, thankful they came in together. Eddie drives them to his house, as Christopher is still at school, and tucks him into their shared bed, laying next to him.

"Next time that you have to be around him, I can be with you, okay?" Eddie's voice is soft and calm.

"Okay, deal."

_____ _____ _____

A/N: I hope you enjoyed! I absolutely can't wait for tomorrow's episode!!! Let's bring in season 6B.